Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here, I'm Alex.

I have an 03 Odyssey. Yesterday it started to misfire. After a while the check engine like came on. I then took it to autozone to get the error code/codes. I got 6 codes, p0300, p0301, p0302, p0304, p0305, and p1399. I changed the spark plugs and the EGR valve and still have the same problem. What else can I try. This is my first Odyssey.
Any info provided would be greatley apprtiated. Thanks

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Sounds like you may have a bad coil. Search for misfire or the code numbers and you'll see at least a couple posts on this. I know at least one of them explains how to pull a coil at a time while listening to the engine. If you pull one and no sound change then it's probably bad.

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
Yes, what he said above on a faulty ignition coil(s). Also use only the OEM NGK Platinum spark plugs that were in there to begin with.

If that is not it then see my standard response to the misfire codes to others below:

The P1399 code is a temporary code related to the cylinder misfiring codes P0301 to P0306.

Do any of these symptoms pertain to your situation:

Random misfire only at low RPM and under load - Check fuel pressure - Low compression/Low quality fuel/Correct EGR valve
function.

Random misfire only during acceleration - Check fuel pressure - Malfunction in the VTEC system.

Random misfire at high RPM and load, or under random conditions - Check fuel pressure - Correct valve clearance.

And the long answer to the codes: technically based on these codes, the solution would be a faulty injector, a faulty coil, a faulty connection at the coil contact, a faulty spark plug, poor connection or loose terminal at the injector terminal, an open or short in the wire from the #7 COIL (15A) (for 2002-2004) fuse in the Driver's Under-Dash Fuse/Relay Box and the injector coil, a poor ground at G101 (or G102) (one is located facing the engine compartment top rear left and the other bottom front right on the engine), a short in the wire between PCM and ignition coil or injector, or a faulty PCM.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts