Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mid-December my wife and I ordered a 2002 EX-L in Evergreen Pearl paint color from Capitol City Honda in Olympia, WA. Yesterday, the dealer called to let me know that Honda was building our van but the color was is going to be Granite Green (which we all no is really dark gray). He explained a term called "lot rounding", meaning that Honda did not have enough requests for the Evergreen Pearl color for this build cycle to warrant building them. My options are to take the Granite Green van, have the dealer put in my order again for the EP color I want (with no guarantee that it will be built in the next build cycle) or switch to another color for the next build cycle.

Anyone heard of lot rounding?
Is the dealer being truthful?

So far I have liked the dealer and was able to negotiate the MSRP of $28,690 with them. I would like to stick with them if they are being honest.

Any suggestions?

Rick Ives

------------------
Rick Ives

·
Registered
125 Posts
I am in the same exact predicament! My Ody was supposed to be in this month, but they told me a month ago there were not enough orders of the EP to warrant their production. Supposedly, I should be getting my car in February. No promises! I have called multiple dealers around town and they have said they have not had any problems getting EP. I even saw one on the lot, but I didn't want to spend $1500 over MSRP when I got mine at MSRP. I didn't want any of the other colors because it seems like everyone had the same color (GG and MB) around town. I didn't get the RRP because it had too much orange in it. BUT I did see one on the road and it seemed to have less orange in it. Also the EP I saw at the dealer seemed to be fairly close to the old dark green. Anyway, I wish you all the luck getting your Ody!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bruno1453:
I didn't get the RRP because it had too much orange in it. BUT I did see one on the road and it seemed to have less orange in it.</font>
RP is one of those colors that looks very different depending on the qualities of the ambient light. Sometimes it looks a little bluish. I've noticed the orange tint only a few times, around sunset. We really like the RP color.

Regards,

Maugham

·
Registered
131 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Maugham:
RP is one of those colors that looks very different depending on the qualities of the ambient light. Sometimes it looks a little bluish. I've noticed the orange tint only a few times, around sunset. We really like the RP color.

Regards,

Maugham
</font>
There is no doubt that RRP changes colors in different light. I've actually seen what looks like a tint of purple in there from time to time. I wish the weather was warmer... I have never hand washed my van yet (although I've sprayed it off), and it was raining the day we picked it up, so I don't really know what it looks like spotlessly clean!! I've had it almost 4 weeks now...

------------------
2002 EXL-RES Redrock Pearl

2001 Chevy 2500HD crewcab 4x4

·
Registered
18 Posts
We had had to wait 2 months for an EP, but dealer said nothing about limited production due to lack of ordering. We are very happy with the color as it nicely complements the ivory leather interior (which is actually beige).

------------------
2002 EP EXL-RES
1996 Accord LX

·
Registered
530 Posts
My first choice was white, I was told the same thing, no availibility for white. I'm now waiting for red. I am waiting for EX with navigation and leather.

·
Registered
530 Posts
My first choice was white, I was told the same thing, no availibility for white. I'm now waiting for red. I am waiting for EX with navigation and leather.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by moose:
My first choice was white, I was told the same thing, no availibility for white. I'm now waiting for red. I am waiting for EX with navigation and leather.</font>
That's interesting because a short time ago we were hearing that a few dealers were saying that RP was hard to find.

I love dealers

Regards,

Maugham

1 - 8 of 8 Posts