Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay everybody after a weekend of testing I can now give you a report on what's not quite working as it should. Don't worry, it's nothing major - it's probably just little things I missed and most likely only need minor adjustment. Maybe some of you can even help me out.

Let's see...

1) A/C - The Auto Climate Control Unit and the A/C button on the NAVI are currently non functional. I am pretty sure it has to do with the missing computer unit near the passenger side airbag. This unit does not come standard on regular EXs.

2) NAVI - The overall Map Guide, GPS and the Searching functions work fine. The only thing that's not is the "Guidence Map". It does not switch over automatically when I reach the blue route (NAVI owners should know what I'm tallking about). I'm guessing this probably has to do with the Computer unit mentioned above.

Also, does anyone know how to erase the previous Personal Pin Numbers. I think the previous owners used them and I can't seem to get into it. Any help would be much appreciated.

3) Panel - The plastic center panel for the slightly sticks out on the bottom right. This is most likely due to the mix-matching screws I used on the radio. It's causing the radio to be slightly off centered - which puts more pressure on one side of the panel than the other. I just have to get some matching screws and it should be okay.

4) Alarm - The alarm is not going off like it should. Maybe some of you with the Honda Alarm can help me with this. There is a grey harness with three wires that not currently connected anything. The wires are Red/Green, Light Blue/Blue, and White/Yellow. Do any of you know where this connects to? (It should be next to a large Lt. Blue Harness)

5) Center Pocket - Those of you with NAVI...there is a green harness behind the lower center pocket. Can you tell me where this connects to also?

That's about it (I think). Hopefully when I get the computer unit everything should be okay. I'll keep you all posted.

Much thanks for all the compliments and support. You guys are great!

-nemogira

P.S. I added some new pics of the installed NAVI to the Gallery.

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Also, does anyone know how to erase the previous Personal Pin Numbers. I think the previous owners used them and I can't seem to get into it. Any help would be much appreciated.

The problem is, you need to know the PIN number to enter the screen to be able to change it. There must be a way for a tech to reset the system according to it's serial number, or something like that. Do you have a dealer nearby with a sympathetic tech you can talk to?

4) Alarm - The alarm is not going off like it should. Maybe some of you with the Honda Alarm can help me with this. There is a grey harness with three wires that not currently connected anything. The wires are Red/Green, Light Blue/Blue, and White/Yellow. Do any of you know where this connects to? (It should be next to a large Lt. Blue Harness)

Where is the grey harness you're referring to? How are you testing the alarm and what is the result? What's not working right? If it's something I can duplicate on mine, maybe it'll lead to a solution.

How long will it be before you install the missing computer unit? If you still have problems after everything's intact, I'll try to dig into my dash to identify the green harness you mention.

------------------
Chuck
Click here for Ody pics & projects.

[This message has been edited by ckonarske (edited 06-04-2001).]

·
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have a dealer nearby with a sympathetic tech you can talk to?

I'm sure I could ask them. Actually, I've heard by holding the top 3 three buttons on the NAVI you get access to the service screen. But I'm kind of afraid to touch them. Has anybody done this yet?

Where is the grey harness you're referring to? How are you testing the alarm and what is the result? If it's something I can duplicate on mine, maybe it'll lead to a solution.

It's next to a large Lt. Blue Harness on the left side under the drivers dash. It should be group together with the wires leading to the alarm unit. The color of the alarm unit is black with a green input. Also, this is the way I tested my alarm:

1) Lock the doors the w/ remote
2) Use the KEY to unlock the door
3) Before - as soon as I open the door the alarm goes off. But now the alarm does nothing.

How long will it be before you install the missing computer unit? If you still have problems after everything's intact, I'll try to dig into my dash to identify the green harness you mention.

I'll probably know by the middle of this week on it's availability. Don't know for sure exactly when I can get it in by. Maybe in two weeks. But Chuck, maybe you could try something out for me right now. You know how you remove the rubber/plastic stoppers in the glove box? Well once you do that you will be able to see whats behind the glove box. Above there's a white box mounted under the passenger side airbag. It should have 2 dark grey harnesses plug into it. You think you could disconnect those and test out your NAVI and A/C? See if the Guidance Screen, A/C button and the Auto Climate Control unit still work. My guess is they won't.

Thanks for the help,
-nemogira

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
P 22-310 of the Helm has the nav service mode access codes posted. Generally, I don't think there's much there for an owner, but in your case, maybe there is. There's one item on p 22-313 labeled system history that has a warning that everything will be cleared if it's pressed. Maybe this would reset the PINs that were installed by the other owner. This may be another question to ask a tech if you find one.

As to the alarm-- mine doesn't go off in the circumstances you describe, either. It may be because it's the 2001 alarm that's included from the factory, not the one added by the dealer. Yours is a 2000, isn't it? I wonder if there's a difference built into the system there and if the addition of the NAVI changed anything.

I'm gonna try to disco the module under the pass air bag to see if I can duplicate your climate control and nav problems, as long as I can make sure I've identified the propor module. I'll get back to you later.

------------------
Chuck

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
PS: What's the correct nomenclature and Helm page number so I can locate the module in question?

------------------
Chuck

·
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ckonarske:
PS: What's the correct nomenclature and Helm page number so I can locate the module in question?

</font>
Well actually I found it in my Helm Electric Troubleshooting manual. I think you don't have that one, right? It shows a picture of it. But its pretty easy to see...once the glove box is down - if you look up you'll see a white plastic box mounted under the passenger side airbag. It should have two dark grey harness in it. But PLEASE BE CAREFUL Chuck...that's an airbag area. You might want to remove the negative cable on the battery before doing anything.

-nemogira

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe that "history" thing will do it. I'll try to ask a tech at the dealership before I actually do anything. As for the alarm, I do have a 2000 Ody with the alarm put in after. But I think for the 2001 it's the same unit - it comes standard and is already installed.

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
The module I can see is grey, I think, and the cables are covered with the normal black conduit. That's why I'd like to i.d. it in the manual before I try anything.

As for the alarm, I do have a 2000 Ody with the alarm put in after. But I think for the 2001 it's the same unit - it comes standard and is already installed.

I'm not so sure of it's being the same unit because I've read where some say the alarm sounds when armed and then unlocked with the key and some (me) don't. Go figure. Are there options that can be changed that we don't know about? The manuals don't say.

------------------
Chuck

·
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not so sure of it's being the same unit because I've read where some say the alarm sounds when armed and then unlocked with the key and some (me) don't. Go figure. Are there options that can be changed that we don't know about? The manuals don't say.

There's a sensitvity knob and an automatic/manual switch on the alarm unit itself. Not sure what it does. But I don't remember ever touching it before.

-nemogira

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I just compared Helms info for the 2001 EX and Trevor's installation instructions for the Honda alarm, and as far as I can tell, they're different. The one Trevor sells, which is the one you have, has a glass breakage sensor and settings for auto and manual door locks I think. Mine doesn't.

------------------
Chuck

·
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ckonarske:
I just compared Helms info for the 2001 EX and Trevor's installation instructions for the Honda alarm, and as far as I can tell, they're different. The one Trevor sells, which is the one you have, has a glass breakage sensor and settings for auto and manual door locks I think. Mine doesn't.

</font>
Why doesn't the 2001 have glass sensors? I would think it should. How about tailgate and hood sensors? Also, any news on the module? As for the green harness that I talked about earlier - after reviewing my Helm E.T. Manual there's a possibility that the wire is actually supposed to be somewhere behind the center panel. It seems possible based on it's current position - it could go either way.

-nemogira

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Give me me Honda's name of that module and a Helm page reference so I can be sure I'm identifying the right one. I can't tell by color of the module (yours is white, mine looks grey) or the color of the cables (mine are both black). I'm fairly sure I'm looking at the right one, but I'd like to know for sure.
As far as I know, the standard alarm in the 2001 EX doesn't include hood switch or glass breakage. I don't have any idea why.

------------------
Chuck

[This message has been edited by ckonarske (edited 06-04-2001).]

·
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Actually I don't know the exact color because I don't have one. Base on my Helm E.T. Manual's pics (which are black & white) it looks like it's white. My guess is they would be the same color as the multiplexes in the fuseboxes. It's can be called either a "Climate Control Connector" or a "COMPUTER ASSY., AUTO AIR CONDITIONER."

It should look like the one on the right:

As for your two black harnesses...I know mine look like a very dark grey color. I guess you could call it black?

-nemgoira

·
Registered
52 Posts
Nemogira, I just tucked my head under the dash of my 2000 and checked the wiring of the OEM alarm I got from Trevor. The only 3 wire grey plug I could find which came from the alarm was near the parking brake area. It's a normal light grey though, not really close to black. Here's what it's connected to. Locate the brown plug/harness next to the parking brake mechanism. It has 1 very thick red wire bundled with a bunch of thin wires. Follow the wires about 6 inches back and there should be a grey plug, hopefully the one you're looking for. It might still have blue tape around it. It has the same color wires, red/green, white/yellow and Lt. blue/blue. I hope this was the right plug.

As for the switch on the alarm module,
Auto Lock: System arms and locks doors automatically after ignition is turned off and last door is closed. You can still use the remote to arm and disarm manually.
Auto: System arms automatically after the ignition is turned off and the last door and trunk is closed. The doors do not lock when system arms.
Manual: System is armed and doors are locked/unlocked with the remote.
This information came from the alarm manual. If you have any more questions such as delay times etc., just ask.

·
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Rook, I'm going to check out that grey harness right now. As for the green one behind the center pocket - I found it! It's plugged into the black base of the plastic in the center. It's hard to explain - but I DID find it. Thanks to everyone that tried to look. Unfortunately still don't know what it does though? My A/C still doesn't work. Now for the grey one...hold on...I'll be back in a sec.

-nemogira

[This message has been edited by nemogira (edited 06-04-2001).]

·
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yup, that was it! Darn thing was hiding behind a thick group of wires, that's why I couldn't see it at first. And you're right it did still had the blue tape on it. Thanks Rook - I owe you one.
Now my alarm goes off the way it should. That's 2 down and 3 to go. Right now I'm working on matching some screws for the radio.

Thanks again Rook,
nemogira

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
910 Posts
Hey Nemogira, nice job on the Navi report. I have a question for your great knowledge and experience. Where did you relocate your radio ? I want to know because I just bought a LCD monitor and want to mount it where the radio is, similar to the Navi screen. However I don't know where to put the radio. Do you think it's possible to put it in the drawer below where there the coin holders are ?

·
Registered
910 Posts
Damn ! Sorry, I didn't see that the Navi panel has a space for the radio. MY BAD ! But anyways, do you think the drawer below will work ??

·
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lookinco:
do you think the drawer below will work ??</font>
I know Ora-lag from Japan did it on his:

Don't know exactly how he mounted it but you can ask him yourself: [email protected]

-nemogira

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

[This message has been edited by nemogira (edited 06-05-2001).]

·
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey Chuck, what do you think that 'Clear History' thing does? I checked the Helm manual and it's the only one specified for manufacturer use only. Oooh...scary! I don't even know where to start with asking the dealer on what this does. They'll probably just ask me to bring it in. Hmm...

-nemogira

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

1 - 20 of 24 Posts