Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the ones that you curl up to a small circle. I don't like the fold up ones. A standard size is a no. The jumbo size doesn't reach the vanity visors. And the super jumbo is too big. It there an OEM one that honda makes?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the Super Jumbo on order. I couldn't find it at the local car shop (AutoZone, PepBoys, etc) so I had to order from Amazon. It is bigger than my Jumbo size so hopefully it will reach the visors.

Tom

Amazon.com: Basix Magic Shade Super Jumbo Sunshade (Styles May Vary): Automotive
I bought the one in Autozone, and the Super jumbo size didn't fit well in my 2011 odyssey. Seems like the rear view mirror is in the way. I tried different positions but didn't work.

I returned it for a "jumbo size" and that didn't reach the sun visors in the hold position.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I bougth the Intro-Tech folding version, I like it but it is a tiny bit too short. So when installed it does not go all the way up to the headliner, but this is not a problem because of the factory tinted top part of windshield.

It stays in place when the visors on pulled down and it is very effective. Car sat on blacktop for 6 hours in 90+degree sunny summer day and van was not warm at all inside. It is pricey but nice, they have another version that is $10 or $15 cheaper but it is also folding and I believe it is two pieces.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I bought the one in Autozone, and the Super jumbo size didn't fit well in my 2011 odyssey. Seems like the rear view mirror is in the way. I tried different positions but didn't work.

I returned it for a "jumbo size" and that didn't reach the sun visors in the hold position.
I just got the Jumbo Sun Shade in and the fit is almost too big by about 2 inches. However, I am going to keep them. With a little bit of tweeking each time, they will fit in and will stay.

I do like this model because they fold up to a very small footprint and fit nicely between the console and the passenger seat.

Tom

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I just got the Jumbo Sun Shade in and the fit is almost too big by about 2 inches. However, I am going to keep them. With a little bit of tweeking each time, they will fit in and will stay.

I do like this model because they fold up to a very small footprint and fit nicely between the console and the passenger seat.

Tom
Funny. The "jumbo" that I bought was a little small for our windshields. The fold-down visor doesn't reach the sun shade. I had to buy the "super jumbo" and that one was too big but I had to do what you did and tweek it a little just to make it fit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts