Honda Odyssey Forum banner

EX Cross Bars and Roof Top Luggage Carrier

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  htown 
#1 ·
I'm planning on getting cross bars installed for my 2001 EX. We may be driving from NY to Florida this summer. Has anyone used roof top luggae carriers? I know NOTHING about this stuff, but I need the extra space so am interesting in buying (or, can one RENT these?) a carrier. I don't needa large one (if they even come in sizes) - just enough for say, 2 or 3 suitcases full.

Any recommendations or links I can checkout? Thanks JEFF

Discussion starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone! I think I'll look into the WeatherTech product. Since we will likely do this once, I don't see the need to spend hundreds of dollars on a shell-type carrier.

Since this rests directly on the roof of the Ody, is there a weight concern? The product holds up to 4 suitcases and even though I'm getting cross bars, I'm not sure if the cross bars can be adjusted forward/backward so that the carrier rests on TOP of the cross bars, or direclty on the roof of the van, and the cross bars are used to just secure the carrier... anyone know? thanks again JEFF

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.