Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife got gas today and they didn't close the door all the way. She tried to open the side door and it wouldn't open. She closed the gas door and now we can't get that door open at all.

I called Schaller Honda in New Britain, CT and they said I have to bring it in for a couple of hours so they can reset the computer. They said we have to learn not to open the doors while the gas door is even slightly open.

What kind of B.S. is this?

Anybody else have this problem or know of a way to get around this. I just might disconnect the gas door switch when this is resolved.

We have two little kids and she won't get out to self-serve and leave the kids alone. I don't blame her. I'm not bringing this to the dealer every time some gas station yo-yo doesn't close it all the way.

Thanks
Mac

·
Registered
97 Posts
Mac,

I saw this at the edmunds.com Honda Odyssey Problems VII forum on how you can reset the sliding doors:

"#481 of 501 Phil47 by auburn63 Feb 26, 2001 (07:42 am)

.... if you have not done so already then you may want to clean the contacts on the junction switches and reset the computer in case it is out of sync. First take a pincil eraser and clean both sides of the junction switches (contact plates on the door and door jam). After they have been cleaned close the doors then remove fuse 13(should be a 7.5 fuse on the top row,3 or4 in)from the passenger side fuse box. Clock should go out if not then try another one. Keep it out for 15 secounds then reinstall it.Make sure power on the master switch is on.Then pull open the door with the outside handle(there will be no power operation yet) all the way open, then start to close it, about half the way close it should take over and close by itself.
If you are not comfortable with this then just try the contact clean thing and see if that helps if not then just ask the service department to do the reset procedure.Good luck"

i believe auburn63 works for a Honda dealership.

Hope this helps.

------------------
MarioB
01 EX DEP

[This message has been edited by MarioB (edited 03-02-2001).]

·
Registered
97 Posts
"How do you get the doors into a manual mode without pulling fuses?"

Mac[/B][/QUOTE]

You just turn off the sliding door master switch located on the left of the steering wheel. The switch is right under the driver side air vent.

------------------
MarioB
01 EX DEP

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hey Mario, thanks for reprinting the instructions for resetting the EX sliding doors. My son tried to open the passenger side this afternoon parked on a steep driveway and the door stopped working. Even though I have read almost every post on this board and Edmunds I was still fuming about the possibility that I made a mistake choosing the EX over the LX.

I read the owners manual to no avail. Then I searched this board and found your post.

I pulled fuse #13 for 15 seconds and the door worked without having to manually open and partially close it.

Thank you and thanks for everyone who shares their knowledge and experience on these boards.

Sincerely,
Eric

------------------
2001 TW EX - Trans Cooler, Bug Shield, Leather Steering Wheel Cover, Wheel Well Liners

·
Registered
97 Posts
Eric,

Glad to hear that the message was helpful. That is the reason that I copy the post from edmunds. After a month, its going to take you forever to look for that post at edmunds...just when you really need it.

Having it here makes it easier to retrieve such useful information that are not readily available in your owner's manual.

·
Registered
1 Posts
MarioB said:
Mac,

I saw this at the edmunds.com Honda Odyssey Problems VII forum on how you can reset the sliding doors:

"#481 of 501 Phil47 by auburn63 Feb 26, 2001 (07:42 am)

.... if you have not done so already then you may want to clean the contacts on the junction switches and reset the computer in case it is out of sync. ...

:D

I wanted to tell you that this tip save me about $200. I have 00 EX Odyssey that I bought used. Great van for my family of six. but about two weeks ago my wife calls me at work, very upset, because the sliders stop working. They worked the night before the next morning they didn't work. The slider alarm and the light on the dash were on. She took the Van to the dealership, they told $200 bucks to even look at it. I try to figure this out on my own, but I didn't even know about the fuse panel on the passenger side of the van. I followed your tip and the problem is solved. Thanks for the help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts