Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the site and am super happy with all of the information available. If only we'd found this before we bought the car (and setup with the dealer to install an aftermarket DVD system). The system we have now is mounted under one of the removable captains chairs (sub-optimum). It is using the RF deal and the aftermarket guy can't get rid of a high pitch whine (definitely a no-go).

What we'd like to have (and the dealer said 'impossible') is an in-dash DVD player that is hard wired into the stereo. It seems from this site that it is possible to mount the DVD in the cup holder slot... but I haven't seen anyone specifically do it with a 2002 Nav unit. Next, is there any special way to hook up the DVD so that it's hard wired into the stock stereo or do we have to go aftermarket there as well.

Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Stevenson Ranch, hey, there's a nice course out there!

Anyhow, sorry to hear about your problems.

Well, hard wiring sound to the stock radio is only achievable at this stage using a CD changer interface. This particular adapater, from Peripheral, adds an aux input to the radio by fooling the OEM radio, but requires you add the Clarion changer too.

The OEM radio also has navi input leads for the front speakers, so you could tap signal into there, but you only get two speakers (front). (but you could switch front to rear speaker leads to make that somewhat workable).

It is rumored other aftermarket manufacturers are developing interface devices that don't require the use of the changer or external devices.

As far as mounting something in the cupholder, possible, just requires alot of customization work.

Good Luck, let us know what you end up with!

------------------
-Shin John
'01 DEP EX, and I'm workin' on it! (slowly)

p.s.- if you go aftermarket on the stereo, you'll need to get a steering wheel interface adaptor to retain the steering wheel radio controls.

[This message has been edited by shinjohn (edited 02-06-2002).]

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey I live in Stevenson Ranch too!

We ended up installing a Kenwood navigation system with a dvd/fold away screen unit in place of the cd unit that came with the Ody.

Call SoundSations on San Fernando and talk with Danny the owner. He'll be able to answer any questions such as if you can hook up audio etc. (661) 255-6010

1 - 3 of 3 Posts