Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a question about the backup camera. Some automotive reviews say the backup camera picture is shown in the rear view mirror (small window) on all models except the Touring (in USA - Touring Elite).

It seems to me when I drove an EX-L a month ago, the display was in the larger MID, although it didn't include a top down and wide view, just a normal view.

Can someone with a non Touring in Canada confirm where the backup video is displayed?

Thanks,

Shazzam

·
Registered
755 Posts
im pretty sure that only applies to 08-10 odysseys.

They came out with a mid that shows the back up camera in 11 odysseys i believe.

And i think only touring or touring elites(in the US) have the option to change the

view setting(normal view, wide view, and top down view)

·
Registered
93 Posts
I just test drove an '11 EX-L (and a Touring) this afternoon, the backup camera is in the large display in the dash, on both the EX-L and the Touring.

·
Banned
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just test drove an '11 EX-L (and a Touring) this afternoon, the backup camera is in the large display in the dash, on both the EX-L and the Touring.
Thanks Striker. That was my recollection as well. I read the information on Honda Canada's website and started questioning my memory after watching an episode of Driving Television this weekend. The reviewers praised the new Odyssey for its quiet interior (I take issue with that) and said that the non Touring models got a back up display in a small box in the rear view mirror.

THe program seems to have allot of inaccuracies and should be renamed "Canadian Tire Television". Those who watch the program will know what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there, just test drove and bought a 2010 EX-L (no DVD or Navi) today. The camera did not cross my mind as I test drove, duh, but I don't recall it going on either as I put car in reverse. I thought these are standard in '10 EX-L, can't seem to find a consistent answer online. We are due to go get it Monday...Anybody know for sure if these are standard, maybe it was broken... :-/

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Hi there, just test drove and bought a 2010 EX-L (no DVD or Navi) today. The camera did not cross my mind as I test drove, duh, but I don't recall it going on either as I put car in reverse. I thought these are standard in '10 EX-L, can't seem to find a consistent answer online. We are due to go get it Monday...Anybody know for sure if these are standard, maybe it was broken... :-/
Note this is thread is for the 4th generation Odyssey (Canadian), but found this PDF doc. It seems that it is standard for the EX-L (Backup camera with display in rearview mirror)

This is the Canadian model:

http://www.honda.ca/Content/honda.ca/en/2010/odyssey/DefaultGroup_Default_BR/odyssey_print.pdf

·
Registered
884 Posts
I own a Canadian 2011 EXL. The image is displayed on the large display on the dash. I test drove a 2010 EXL a number of times before deciding on the 2011. The display was In a corner of the rear view morrow. I actually didn't notice it on the 2010 the first few times I drove it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts