Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the group, but have been monitoring it for some time now because we also are in the market for a new minivan. The posts have been most helpful in our decision. We will be placing an order soon for an Odyssey given that we have our second child on the way. In talking to the dealer, he informed me that the EX-L RES model was being built only in Canada and thus explains the delay (6-8weeks). I don't know if this is true or common knowledge, but wanted to pass it on to the rest of the group.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Until recently, all Odys were built in Canada. I don't know why that makes andy difference in terms of delivery lead times.

We received ours in Chicago 5 days after it was assembled in Canada, so shipping shouldn't account for a 6 week delay. Even for models, colors, and option combos produced in Alabama, I bet leadtimes are no different.

IMHO, it's another "creative explanation" by a dealer.

Regards,

Maugham

·
Registered
20 Posts
I looked at a MB EXL with RES today (I am waiting on GG) and it was built in Canada, so maybe they are being built there? Would make sense to keep it at one factory for the people to get really good at it, but I guess eventually the Lincoln plant will have to learn anyway.

------------------
Awaiting 2002 GG EX-L with RES

1 - 3 of 3 Posts