Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me how big the screen is on the RES version of the EX-L and compare that to the widescreen on the Elite? I know that the Elite has the Widescreen 16.2 ..but is the height the same as the one in the RES and how wide is the RES?

May be missing something here but on the Honda site, specificaitons, they dont specify. Im asking because the RES version seems to have a more ergonomic design, as the Elite widescreen seemed too wide with not much Vertical.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm pretty sure it's 8" diagonal, with the height being the same for both RES & widescreen models. When I get a chance I'll go measure our RES screen.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I believe the RES display is 9" and the front nav display is 8".

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all...i was curious because the widescreen looked very long but kinda short. The RES version of the EX-L seemed to be taller, and maybe that was only because it wasnt as long.

I still cant believe Honda is making us upgrade to Touring to get both Nav and RES.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yooyoo said:
Thanks all...i was curious because the widescreen looked very long but kinda short.
I think the height is limited to rear visibility. If the screen is too tall, it blocks the driver's view in the rear view mirror.

·
Registered
11 Posts
kohyuta said:
I think the height is limited to rear visibility. If the screen is too tall, it blocks the driver's view in the rear view mirror.
Just out of curiosity, what difference does the rear view mirror make? I never use mine. I have no need for rearview...

·
Registered
54 Posts
RES screen could be bigger if...

If Honda would let you get a RES without a sunroof it could easily be a 14" widescreen instead of 9" or 16.2 ultrawide. The sunroof eats 2-3" of space in the roof that could be used for taller, and therefore bigger, screens.

·
Banned
728 Posts
If Honda would let you get a RES without a sunroof it could easily be a 14" widescreen instead of 9" or 16.2 ultrawide. The sunroof eats 2-3" of space in the roof that could be used for taller, and therefore bigger, screens.
In Canada, the EX with RES is an available model. It comes with the same screen as non Touring models. I think the problem with the wide screen is unless you are splitting the display into 2 sources, the wide picture in full mode is stretched and doesn't look natural because it isn't a correct aspect ratio monitor.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I'm not sure why, but be assured, there was a reason Honda stopped offering it as an option, be it previous poor sales, or a desire to boost sales of the higher model.

You have to realistically think of what differences the touring model would have over an ex-l/res & navi at this point in time..... how do you justify the marginal fuel efficiency gain, fog lights, bigger wheels and tires, memory linked seating, acoustic windshield, ambient lighting, parking sensors... you get the point... the upgrades from touring to an ex-l/res & navi aren't that great...

let alone if you factor in having and even more expensive feature rich model out there... they'd never sell touring elites if there was an ex-l/res & navi, because I bet a lot of people who bought touring wanting the navi & res, didn't care about those added features, and would want to save the potential 3k difference. you'd still sell a few touring elites to people who wanted the van with everything, but I bet you'd see a decline overall in touring+ sales.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts