Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 2001 EX + Nav and would like add my mp3 system into the stock CD player (retain the steering wheel controls). I bought a FM Modulator that hooks into the antenna input, but was extremely unhappy with the clarity of the audio through that device (FM quality on top of MP3 loss really sounds bad)

I noticed the CD Changer "bus" plug in the back of the CD player and was wondering if RCA baseband audio could be injected through those pins somehow. I know the Navi system puts audio through but probably inline to the driver side speaker.

I was even thinking of seeing if a dealer or someone would swap the CD player for a Cassete for n/c, then I could use an adapter, as I rarely listen to CD's.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for your time!
-Jason

·
Registered
153 Posts
I've been interested in the same problem (to input the sound output from a DVD player directly to the stock head unit).

I have found two possibilities:

1. AAMP makes a CD changer adapter (HONCLRX) for a Clarion C-bus changer which also includes an AUX input (controlled by a separate switch. Unfortunately, you must have the CD changer installed to make use of the AUX input. http://www.peripheral-aamp.com/

2. Just yesterday I spotted a product at www.Autotoys.com which looks like the answer: the HONDA 1993-2000+ MP3 AUX INPUT ADAPTER. The SKU is HONDAMP3. This unit is also controlled by a separate switch.

I have no first-hand experience with either product, but they seem to address the problem.

------------------
Lorax
'01 SS EX-Navi
Leather Interior, Wings West Kit and lots of other mods.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts