Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(I am new to this forum, so this may be old news to some of you)

I am taking my 2k1 SS EX into the shop for the 3rd time for the power doors.

Occasionally one (or both) will start buzzing when I am driving down the road. The only way to stop it (and it is only a temporary fix) is to press the "Close" button on the master console, or turn the master switch "Off" (which also completely disables the automatic doors).

The first time I was in the shop: They alligned and recalibrated (I think those are the correct terms). Didn't fix it.

The second time: They replaced the junction switches (bigger contacts)(it took 2 months for this part to arrive at the dealer, due to stock shortage; sounds like this is a big problem for the Ody). While that helped for quite awhile (a few months), the problem has returned (but doesn't buzz quite as often).

We will see how the third time goes.

Does anyone out there have words of wisdom (regarding the door problem)?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I did a quick search on this problem and have found that people with similar problems have had success cleaning the contact sensors and the door track at the bottom. Someone also mentioned that this problem was fixed by replacing the door motors. The first solution sounds a little too simplistic, but who knows. There was some concern in the posts that followed concerning cleaning can result in taking necessary lubricants off the sensors, but the poster that used it as a fix reported just wiping them with a clean rag. I hope this helps, I'm certainly not an expert and luckily have not experienced this problem myself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts