Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very happy to report that I have completed the EX to NAVI conversion! Last week I was able to install a Speed Pulse Generator made by Pioneer. The way the SPG works is you have to magnetize one of the rear wheels and as the wheel rotates the unit picks up & generates a pulse accurately depicting the speed of the vehicle. The SPG was originally part of Pioneer's navigation accessory line-up. Lucky for me it works with the Alpine system.

Anyways, enough with the details - I'm just happy it's finally finished and I would thank everyone for their past support!

-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

[This message has been edited by nemogira (edited 12-31-2001).]

·
Registered
1,312 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Nestor, congrats on the successful completion of perhaps the biggest Ody mod ever! Great job, and glad everything is done now. So enjoy!

------------------
-Shin John
'01 DEP EX, and I'm workin' on it! (slowly)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Aplause. Aplause. Aplause. Aplause. Aplause. Aplause. ..to the mod god!!!!

Now, would you mind to convert mine to the same thing as yours???
hheeehee I was just teasing.

Great news. Happy new year.

------------------

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hey Nestor... Great job!!!!!!
When can we have a chance to chk out all the mods u've done man? BTW, I'm in Hong Kong now. ANd every minivan here I see, 95% of them are sooo much better equiped. Almost all of them have the parking sensor (front and rear) and of course, Xenon lights. Wonder y our Ody / minivans in the US 'are not as good'

·
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Z32:
Hey Nestor... Great job!!!!!!
When can we have a chance to chk out all the mods u've done man? BTW, I'm in Hong Kong now. ANd every minivan here I see, 95% of them are sooo much better equiped. Almost all of them have the parking sensor (front and rear) and of course, Xenon lights. Wonder y our Ody / minivans in the US 'are not as good'
</font>
Hey Jason, I say we have another meet. The first meet was mostly about getting to know the "people" - but the next meet should be about the vans, and only the VANS!

Wow, you're in Hong Kong! What the heck are doing reading this site? Go out and buy some cheap electronics or eat something. I know I would! All joking aside...I also think some of the vehicles over there are more geared up to my tastes. Or maybe it's just "Asian" thing?
But ya know they're probably thinking the same thing for our vehicles. I noticed people always want what they can't have.

Have a safe trip back and bring us back some goodies!

-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rob/abyez that's not funning! My 'conversion' nightmares are starting to go away.

But honestly, once the NAVI was working I started to feel more confident (than before) about doing something like this again. Although I probably wouldn't. Anyways, thanks guys!

-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
250 Posts
I just can't 'stop myself' from not reading this site everyday... It's too addictive. I will take some pictures of the minivans here in HK... too bad I can't find them in the US. Just soo much better equiped. BTW, when r we up for another S.F meet? SHould we go hiking?

·
Registered
342 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nemogira:
I am very happy to report that I have completed the EX to NAVI conversion! Last week I was able to install a Speed Pulse Generator made by Pioneer. The way the SPG works is you have to magnetize one of the rear wheels and as the wheel rotates the unit picks up & generates a pulse accurately depicting the speed of the vehicle. The SPG was originally part of Pioneer's navigation accessory line-up. Lucky for me it works with the Alpine system.

Anyways, enough with the details - I'm just happy it's finally finished and I would thank everyone for their past support!

-Nestor

</font>

Hi Nestor,

Congrats on the installation. I know "I'm" impressed!

One question though. Where did you mount the magnets? Your wording implies the wheels but wouldn't that create problems when tire rotation time comes around?

Just curious....

------------------
Drive Safe,
Steve R.
'01 SS LX
Cargo tray, leather steering wheel, mud guards, alarm, fog lights, transmission cooler, in-dash CD player, Kelton subwoofer, under seat storage tray.

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
I just can't 'stop myself' from not reading this site everyday... It's too addictive. I will take some pictures of the minivans here in HK... too bad I can't find them in the US. Just soo much better equiped. BTW, when r we up for another S.F meet? SHould we go hiking?</font>
LOL! I felt the same way when in Taipei! Now I've got double parent duties, and I still try to tear away every so often!

Hang in there Jason! We'll see ya when you get back!

p.s.- any Odys spotted out there?

------------------
-Shin John
'01 DEP EX, and I'm workin' on it! (slowly)

·
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Intrepid175:

Hi Nestor,

Congrats on the installation. I know "I'm" impressed!

One question though. Where did you mount the magnets? Your wording implies the wheels but wouldn't that create problems when tire rotation time comes around?

Just curious....

</font>
Well there is no magnet 'mounting' involved actually. But there is this thing called a magnet wand that is used to magnatize/demagnatize a tire. As strange as this may sound I have to rub the tire with the wand to magntize or demagnatize certain areas of that tire. Once that was done I had to mount the sensor/pulse generating unit as close to the magnatized tire as possible. I ended up mounting the unit in the right sliding door's plastic sill. It took a bit of modding but now it fits perfect. And when rotation time comes all I have to do is rub the tire with my wand (ooh...that didn't sound right
)

-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BTW, when r we up for another S.F meet? SHould we go hiking?</font>
Well anytime in January is perfect for me. It's my less-busy month. Although after talking to Rob I was reminded that rain is still a problem for us. We'll see.

Hiking? What exactly do you mean by this? I guess we could...

-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
250 Posts
ShinJohn, I spotted lots of 'japanese' version Ody here in HK. Look so much nicer..well more equipment wise. I'll take some pics of those vans and posted up when I get back.

Nestor, yeah, hiking. Thaz what I mean. We can meet somewhere in the mountain, park there..hike... have a late day lunch or something.

·
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nestor, yeah, hiking. Thaz what I mean. We can meet somewhere in the mountain, park there..hike... have a late day lunch or something.

</font>
Sounds okay by me...and since it's pretty apparent that we ALL are on the computer so much - that it would probably be a good idea for us to finally get some exercise!

Either that or we could watch Tae-Bo in Rob's van.

-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
182 Posts
Congrats, Nestor! I knew you wouldn't let the Navi mod challenge go until you won.
I haven't had much time to do many mods, but I just retired (again) so maybe I can do some more of the "easy" mods.
(What's that, dear?) Gota go!

------------------
Lanny
2K1 EX MB

·
Registered
4,495 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nemogira:
And Lanny, you could always do the Shift Knob Swap. It's definitely up there on the "easy" mod list.

-Nestor
</font>
I might do the Shift Knob swap, but since my wheel is taupe, I'm holding out for a taupe shift knob, at least for now. When I get the fog lights installed, maybe I'll do it so I can see the switch.

------------------
Lanny
2K1 EX MB

1 - 19 of 19 Posts