Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just installed the Weatherflectors from WeatherTech a few days ago, and am haveing this loud wind noise at highway speed. These are my first set of ventvisor type device so I am not sure if others are have this problem. So to other who had installed a set of Weatherflector, do you guys notice the wind noices any louder after putting them on? Thanks

·
1,484 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DDakRT:
So to other who had installed a set of Weatherflector, do you guys notice the wind noices any louder after putting them on? Thanks</font>
Nope. At least I can't notice any excessive noise.

Whoops!

-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

[This message has been edited by nemogira (edited 08-28-2001).]

·
1,484 Posts
Really? I should rephrase that it's not excessly loud, but loud enough that you notice it clearly. Oh well, an excuse to upgrade the sound system.
</font>
Can't argue with that! Also, I meant to say 'excessive' not excess. Ah...me english, no good.

-Nestor

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Sorry if this is off-topic, but I wonder how gas mileage is impacted by exterior devices such as wind deflectors, roof rack crossbars, hood covers, even mudflaps, etc..

Is this why some of these don't come from the factory, because they'd affect the official mileage rating?

Any ideas?

Regards,

Maugham

------------------
'02 Redrock EX-L (on order)
'85 Prelude (that we'll keep forever!)

·
1,484 Posts
Oh, one more thing Nestor. I went golfing last weekend (lost my pitching wedge
) and there was this little mountin range beside the golf course called Mount Nemo, pretty cool ah.
</font>
"MOUNT NEMO"...me likes

Let's see I'm Moe the Stooge, Nemo the Captain, and now Nemo the mountain. Okay?

-Nestor

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nah, I doubt those little things would affect fuel consumption to a level where you notice it.

Wind/bug deflector, hood bras are aftermarket or optional are because not everybody wants them and they since they are traditionally been aftermarket, they'll stay that way.

As for the Ody not haveing cross bars for the roof rack, I think Honda screwed up there.

·
Registered
57 Posts
"I have just installed the Weatherflectors from WeatherTech a few days ago, and am haveing this loud wind noise at highway speed. These are my first set of ventvisor type device so I am not sure if others are have this problem. So to other who had installed a set of Weatherflector, do you guys notice the wind noices any louder after putting them on? Thanks"

I posted a comment under a different topic earlier today but I had to remove a "bug-shield" from my SUV because the noise it created was driving me nuts.

It seemed to channel the air into the windshield in such a manner that it resulted in a very loud racket. Got my money back from Isuzu and threw the thing away.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'd like these things also as had a pair on an old Accord donkey years ago. Herrington has them in their catalog. Only questions now are: if there's noise, I'll not do it as I'm a noise-nut-case: strange ones send me up the tree. And the other point is....well..do these look a little grampa-ish?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Huh? Grandpaish? I don't think they look "grandpa-ish", in fact, they look pretty stylish IMO.

As for the noise, it just sounds like it's from the mirrors, not a biggy. But if you are totally absolutely nuts about noise (or lack there of), I wouldn't do it. Although I got used to it in 2 days.

BTW Nemo, what's with the new Ody "Homer" Edition?

·
1,484 Posts
Huh? Grandpaish? I don't think they look "grandpa-ish", in fact, they look pretty stylish IMO.

As for the noise, it just sounds like it's from the mirrors, not a biggy. But if you are totally absolutely nuts about noise (or lack there of), I wouldn't do it. Although I got used to it in 2 days.

BTW Nemo, what's with the new Ody "Homer" Edition?
</font>
DDakRT, have you tried driving the Ody w/o the Weatherflectors to see if there's any difference in noise? Also, I agree that they DO look very stylish. As for the "Homer" - I thought I join everybody else and upgrade.

-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
130 Posts
Didn't mean to toe-step. Two nice modifications as a bet say I'm older than any of you, so maybe I should have changed that to "grandma-ish."
I just don't want to be labeled as one who puts a tennis ball and ribbon on the aerial so as not to lose the car in the parking lot.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Huh? I just installed the Weatherflectors 3 days ago, so yeah I have drivin the Ody without them, but I haven't taken them off and put them back on to compare wind noise.

Also I should add that the extra wind noise is fairly minimal. But I, along with MerpsMom, am very aware of any extra noises that the Ody produces.

And these things are more than just a thingy for styling gimmick. They do wonders when you are in the rain. No more fogging and turning on the A/C since you can now open the windows a couple inches.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I've been using the Weatherflectors for quite a while now. I did notice a slight increase in wind noise at first but I would not describe it as excessive. Hardly notice it anymore. Besides being useful in the rain, they allow me to leave the windows slightly down to vent hot air when the van is parked outside in our hot Florida weather.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hello Nemogira,

Where did you get the rear window lense I saw in your website ? It is one of the accesories I will be looking for when my 02 Ody arrives next month. Thanks.

·
1,484 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Tony the Tiger:
Hello Nemogira,

Where did you get the rear window lense I saw in your website ? It is one of the accesories I will be looking for when my 02 Ody arrives next month. Thanks.
</font>
Well, I got mine a long time ago at Pep Boys. But I believe members sdp (Steve) and hachiroku (Rob) got there 6x8 lense online at:

http://www.campingworld.com/browse/products/index.cfm?deptID=5&subOf=32&prodID=1438

-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

1 - 20 of 24 Posts