Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I need to replace the cracked exhaust manifold in our 96 Odyssey. Has anyone used the Dorman manifolds that are sold on Ebay? Do they fit and work OK?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Never heard of them. Most here go to a header style replacement. Range is from a $250 DC sports 4-1 or the $100 eBay special. Search for threads on it in this section.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I'm not spending $250 on this beat old van. On Ebay right now I see these:

Exhaust Manifold - Brand New | eBay

That's what I'm asking about. Every aftermarket manifold I see on Ebay for the Odyssey is by this manufacturer.

There are also some used OEM manifolds being sold, but since this is obviously a problematic design materials-wise I'm not sure installing a high mileage OEM manifold makes any sense.

Thanks.

·
Registered
52 Posts
When my manifold cracked I got a Dorman manifold from O'Reilly. It came with a lifetime warranty, which was good because it cracked after a few months. They replaced it with another Chinese made manifold which also cracked after a few months. In the end I returned the replacement for a full refund and ordered an OEM manifold from g1parts. It was much more expensive (~$200) but it hasn't cracked in a couple years. I agree that a used manifold is probably not a good idea.

·
Registered
11 Posts
SideCar,
I had to replace the exhaust manifold on my '95 . I used the dorman manifold and ran into a few problems. First buy the OEM lock nuts and install the new mainifold with them using the correct torque. Be careful attaching the collector, my casting wasn't machined very well and the shallow threads pulled right out, and I had to repair them with a helicoil. My Dorman has been on my van for over a year and hasn't cracked yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts