Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had my third catalytic converter and muffler deleted, and this car sounds beautiful. No drone or cliche, gross, and ricey Honda rasp. Still running stock precats and resonator to cut down on rasp and drone, and it's perfect!! Car is dead silent in the cabin but loud outside. Everyone who asks about it thinks it's engine swapped. Many people have gone as far as to say it sounds like a Nissan GTR. Still trying to find an intake with a mounting bracket. Most likely will just buy a cheap eBay intake and fabricate my own bracket and heat shield. Expensive intakes are a scam. I really want to avoid fabricating headers and want some that will fit with minor modifications. Any ideas?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I recently had my third catalytic converter and muffler deleted, and this car sounds beautiful. No drone or cliche, gross, and ricey Honda rasp. Still running stock precats and resonator to cut down on rasp and drone, and it's perfect!! Car is dead silent in the cabin but loud outside. Everyone who asks about it thinks it's engine swapped. Many people have gone as far as to say it sounds like a Nissan GTR. Still trying to find an intake with a mounting bracket. Most likely will just buy a cheap eBay intake and fabricate my own bracket and heat shield. Expensive intakes are a scam. I really want to avoid fabricating headers and want some that will fit with minor modifications. Any ideas?
Post a video!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Haha that's completely awesome.. I recently deleted the last cat because the stock flange was so rusted to heck. I kept my muffler though. Car almost sounds the same. As for an intake, I've been running an ebay special for years. I got bored one day and I found that it was a honda accord intake that fit. It's simply a straight pipe with the vent hose attached to it and a cone filter. I needed to make a little L metal bracket just so it doesn't rattle much, but it's been solidly there for at least 4 years? I don't think I noticed much difference, but when you punch the exhaust with the window down you can certainly hear that swish from the cone... I'm not exactly concerned about heat soaking an NA engine.. plus even with my turbo cars that I log I don't see an increase in net intake air temp once the car starts moving again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I dig it dude lol, wife would never let me throw an exhaust on ours hahaha of course it's not nearly fast enough for me to consider that anyways

Thumbs up!

·
Registered
320 Posts
I appreciate it man! might use a K&N Drop-In filter until I buy and install my coilovers, wheels, and tires. 265 is a lot of money for a little throttle response. I'm really low on cash and only 17, parents don't want to help with this build at all.
Itll take about 30 years but someday you will fully agree with them.
About 25 years ago I went on a mission to customize a corvette I owned including a competition sound system. All told I easily put over $30k in parts in it. Did all the work myself or it would have been that much more in labor.
Damn I wish I would have put that into a down payment on a house. Or bought Apple stock.
I have a few pictures and a half dozen cheap trophies to show for it. Tossed the trophies last time I moved, reminded me of what a waste it was.
The head unit alone was $2300. First with a TV screen. Now you can get one that does more for $300.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Never thought I'd see someone like a van and was 17. I'd prefer a 67 lemans convertible or 69 catalina vert . Not a mini van . I'm 35 got 3kids thats y I own a van not by choice but out of necessity. 🤯 ugh I will get one again one day !!!! I'm sure you got the van from Parents I remember when I would take the 2001 caravan out at night (moms van) ahh memories.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts