Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new EX L SS is at the dealers. I went up yesterday afternoon late but the white stick on paper is all over hood etc. I was told I could pick it up at noon today. Help me know what to look for on the SS paint. Are the main problems on the hood? Is it a cloudy condition or paint runs?
I have nothing but praise for this forum. It has the most good info than anything I have read.
Thanks, A. B. Hair

·
Registered
200 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Make sure that you check out the entire paint job in different angles and lighting conditions. My problem doesn't show up in direct sunlight, but when the sun isn't shining (ie inside the garage or at dusk) the paint on the passenger side is horrible.

It is not only confined to the hood. My problem like I said is on the passenger side sliding door and rear quarter panel. It is also present in lesser degrees on the rear tailgate and the driver's side.

Hope this helps.

------------------
Andy
01 SS EX

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I can't see anything wrong yet. It is now dark here. I will pull in garage and turn the flouresent lights on and look again.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by A. B. Hair:
Thanks, I can't see anything wrong yet. It is now dark here. I will pull in garage and turn the flouresent lights on and look again. </font>
I did a complete Zaino job today. I think my paint is fine. I did not really think the shine was that much better than the original from the dealer washing but it is shinny. I my not knocking Zanio, just that this color never shows shine as much as darker colors.
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by A. B. Hair:
Thanks, I can't see anything wrong yet. It is now dark here. I will pull in garage and turn the flouresent lights on and look again. </font>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts