Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We put a deposit down on a GG EXL DVD expecting delivery at end of March - but the dealer said it comes w/ DVD only - no cassette - that cassette would be extra - can anyone set me straight? What is standard on the EXL w/DVD? I want both!!w/ no extra cost.
Thanks!

·
Registered
52 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jka8198:
We put a deposit down on a GG EXL DVD expecting delivery at end of March - but the dealer said it comes w/ DVD only - no cassette - that cassette would be extra - can anyone set me straight? What is standard on the EXL w/DVD? I want both!!w/ no extra cost.
Thanks!
</font>
Head unit has as standard a CD player and a cassette player built in, along with an AM/FM tuner or course. DVD drive is mounted separately lower in the dash but is still hard-wired in to the head unit. Screen is a 7 inch widescreen format that flips down from the ceiling. There is a covered port in the rear seat area with 3 headphone jacks and a set of RCA input ports (to hook up a video game or a separate VCR if you want), and the system comes from the factory with 2 wireless headphones, with additional ones available from Handa Accessories for $21.

The only audio accessories that you can add to the system (at least available from Honda) would be a CD changer that mounts under the driver seat, and/or a sub-woofer that mounts in the same area.

Good luck, we love ours!

·
Registered
67 Posts
EXL-RES surely comes with cassette.
EXL-NAV does not, and Honda accessory cassette does not even fit in the dash. Maybe you could find some other source, though.

------------------
2002 GG EXL RES

·
Registered
81 Posts
Here is the breakdown:

LX - AM/FM with Cassette. CD available at additional cost.

EX - AM/FM with CD. Cassette and multi-disc CD available at additional cost.

EX-L - Same as EX.

EX-L with RES - AM/FM with CD and Cassette and DVD.

EX-L with Navi - AM/FM with CD. No Cassette (no room in dash).

Scott

·
Registered
10 Posts
If your question is regarding VHS cassette player, dealers can install and VHS player under the driver's seat if you prefer video tapes instead of DVD's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts