Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be at the dealer tomorrow. Will look at 2011's and a single 2010 Touring with RES and Navi.

Anyone bought one since the 11's came out? Dealer discounts?

Second Question: Is the 2011 Touring Elite the only model with the super widescreen? Consumer Reports indicates that the wide screen can be optioned on the EXL-RES but I cannot get it that way online.

·
Registered
419 Posts
No dealer discoounts on the 11's, (Yet) $1500 off on the 10's till Nov 1st.

Wide screen is ONLY on the Elite. Reason I suspect, It blocks the view on the rear view mirror and thus the Blind Spot Information System (BSIC) available only on Elite.

Lots of comments on Edmunds about the 2011's at:

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ee93eaa

Good Luck, Pat

·
Registered
786 Posts
I know this probably doesn't matter too much, but what is the color combination of the 2010. I'm surprised there is a Touring left. Here in Pennsylvania most of the dealer inventory has dried up, especially with the rarer models like Touring, LX, and EX.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Cntrtwnltd said:
I know this probably doesn't matter too much, but what is the color combination of the 2010. I'm surprised there is a Touring left. Here in Pennsylvania most of the dealer inventory has dried up, especially with the rarer models like Touring, LX, and EX.
Crystal Black Metallic or Slate Green. Sorry looks like there are two in inventory at the local dealer. Dealer in town 20 minutes away has a Crystal Black and a Taffeta White. There is also another Taffeta White within an hour of me.

Curious that they are all Touring's with RES/NAVI. Nothing else in 2010 left in stock.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I thought all 2010 tourings had RES and Navi? Tourings and LX were all our dealer had left. The tourings didn't sell as well as the EX-L due to the large price difference for not much perceived value.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Those memory seats are expensive :stupid: . It didn't stop me though from getting the Touring. Right now, you can get the 2010 Touring in the 35K to 36K range before taxes. Most of the 2011's are selling at close to MSRP, even though there are reports of some Elites selling for as low as 41,400. I'd give a warehouse club a try to see if you can get a low price for a 2011.

·
Registered
419 Posts
NoMoreBenz said:
I wouldn't pay over $37K before taxes for a 2010 Touring.
I agree. I think if anyone is thinking about a 2010, now would be a great time. Nov 1st the incentives stop.. Maybe.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Test drove both and really like the improvements coming from my '03 Odyssey. With that said, the 2011 rides nicer, feels more carlike, seems spacier, and the fit and finish in the interior is better (lines lining up, sharp edges on plastic doorpanels and access panels on the older).

The 2011 EXLRES will work out to be relatively the same price as the 2010 Touring.

Decisions decisions

·
Registered
419 Posts
You are right, I'm sure you will make the right choice for you and your Family.

I change vans every three to four years, so I'm on schedule for a 2014 or 2015. I am on my third Ody and I've always wanted the Touring so when I could get one, I just went for it. I guess I will have to wait to let the new model grow on me a bit more.

Good Luck with your decision.

Pat

1 - 11 of 11 Posts