Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I just joined after appreciating the advice here on and off for the last year, as I've started working on my 2004 Odyssey. Thanks!
It stranded my wife last night, and I had it towed home.
  • No issues of any kind in over 7 years (30K to 112K now)
  • Just a click when key is turned.
  • all internal electrical works fine
  • headlights stay strong when attempting to start
  • battery clean and at 12.7v. Alternator putting in 13-14 normally (checked last week)
  • I'm next looking to find the starter and solenoid.
  • can anyone tell me what voltage to expect in and out of starter when turning the key? (Or any posts to that effect)
Thanks! -Mikenski

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Good info.
Where is the click coming from?
If I can post this PDF, it might help
I'd focus on connections, fuses, relays, and even the ignition switch before thinking the starter might be bad. But the circuit and your multimeter should help you find the answer methodically.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great pdf diagram! I will work through it this afternoon. Exactly what we needed.

I wish I could explain where the click is coming from... There are several when my son turns the key from position II to III.
Let me try to isolate the sounds and get back with you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Position I to II: Loud click passenger side (fuse box?) and under battery almost simultaneously, then follllowed ~1 second later by quieter click (felt as minor vibration with my hand in the 2 relay boxes immediately between the battery and the upper radiator hose). 1 second later a liquid or gas pressure sound (fuel system?) Runs for 1-2 seconds.

II to III: same double click.

II to I: single click from left fuse box and under battery.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
Mikenski
Honda Odyssey Forum
Odyclub community is the #1 forum to discuss all things Honda Odyssey: minivans, safety, service maintenance, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing