Honda Odyssey Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
No problem with me! Glad you are happy.

That's funny and ironic - Kirkland was by far the highest (over $30K for an EX from a salesman named Bubba!!). We shopped him in person he came in the booth with his "best" of $31,800 for an EX (no L), but would knock it down to $31,000. My wife laughed.

Lynnwood Honda was very great with me and no lies.

Please note: I think I approached my purchase differently. I didn't solicit quotes (other than test driving in person). I emailed them a number and asked if they would sell me a car for that much. Lynnwood Honda did without asking for another couple hundred. Everyone else wanted either $300-$3000 more!:D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Interesting. I did a little bit of both in my searh. First I filled out online quote requests then, when I got a response, I followed up with a stated goal of what I wanted to pay, OTD. They all responded with something much higher, as you experienced.

It was a different experiece with Tony in Yakima because I could point to this forum and quote deals he had done for others and that established a good starting point. At least it was a number I was more comfortable paying.

On a side issue, every dealer said they couldn't work around the destination fee, that they had to charge the $550 no matter what. Is this a function of being in Washington State? Because it seems that people in other parts of the country don't always pay this. There was a person in NJ and some people in OH and southern CA that look like they got this fee waived.

Anyone know the story on this?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I didn't have to pay the destination fee and our Ody was still on the train from Alabama.

I think with dealers, timing is important, too. Our deal closed Dec 29, 2005. There seemed to be some rush to sell as many cars as possible before year end.

Anyhow - let me know if you need tow bar install tips! :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Glad to hear that it all worked out. When I am ready to buy another Honda, I will definitely be giving Tony White a ring.

Enjoy your new wheels.

Dan

·
Registered
3 Posts
Costo Pricing

El Grande said:
I'm looking for an EX-L as well and am having trouble getting the dealers to come off their initial offer. Everyone is offering almost the exact same price of $29,758.43 which they claim is $1,500 over invoice. They get there by adding the $550 destination fee to the invoice of $27,708. I've gotten this from Honda of Seattle, Burien, South Tacoma, Hinshaw's, and Renton. Renton is supposed to be the Costco dealer and they claim $1,500 over invoice is the Costco price. How can this be true? Is it true?

My question: how do I get them to take me seriously and bring this down to something more reasonable (for me) like $500 over invoice? And is the destination fee really *not* negotiable?
Costco Pricing is 3% over invoice. Which is about $1500 over invoice of any vehicle. Not to mention that Costco wants to charge its members a price to do so. At that, all they are is a referral business. The same as a *Bird Dog. So, Costco is not always what it cracks up to be to its customers.

*Bird Dog - Dealerships will pay a referral money if the customer comes in and purchases a vehicle and mentions the referrals name.

$550 Destination Fee. This is a price that all dealerships have to pay no matter what. Even if the car lot was across the street from the manufacture, they would still have to pay $550 destination charge. So the price of invoice that consumers see on sites can be misleading as they may not include the $550. So the formula is, "Invoice + Destination of $550".

I hope this has cleared up some questions.

Tony White
Internet Sales Manager
Bob Hall's Honda & GMC
Yakima, WA
509-949-5172
[email protected]
http://www.bobhallauto.com

·
Registered
133 Posts
Good to see you here Tony. I will definitely be looking you up when I am ready to purchase my next Honda.

Dan

21 - 26 of 26 Posts