Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Consists of a pair of headrest-strapped players each with its own 7", 16:9 LCD with built-in speakers and headphone jacks. This pair is actually two independent players that can play two different movies (for different passengers) simultaneously or play one common movie when joined via a single cable. I'm tempted because of that flexibility, and also each has a flip-out stand on the back that can allow it to stand upright on a flat surface.

Wally-world has it for Cdn$169. My new Ody to be delivered next week doesn't come with RES. Is this a piece of crap or worth trying out ?

Philips - Portable DVD Player 7" LCD Dual DVD players - PD7016/07 - Portable DVD players - Blu-ray and DVD - Sound and vision

·
Registered
730 Posts
Consists of a pair of headrest-strapped players each with its own 7", 16:9 LCD with built-in speakers and headphone jacks. This pair is actually two independent players that can play two different movies (for different passengers) simultaneously or play one common movie when joined via a single cable. I'm tempted because of that flexibility, and also each has a flip-out stand on the back that can allow it to stand upright on a flat surface.

Wally-world has it for Cdn$169. My new Ody to be delivered next week doesn't come with RES. Is this a piece of crap or worth trying out ?

Philips - Portable DVD Player 7" LCD Dual DVD players - PD7016/07 - Portable DVD players - Blu-ray and DVD - Sound and vision

I have that on my Amazon wishlist as a possible candidate.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought the 9 inch dual screen version in the States last year for $199 at Best Buy. They were great, better resolution and can be viewed ala iPad.

The only complaint I got from my kids was the sound was weak when the windows are open. I just closed the windows.:cool:

·
Registered
730 Posts
I bought the 9 inch dual screen version in the States last year for $199 at Best Buy. They were great, better resolution and can be viewed ala iPad.

The only complaint I got from my kids was the sound was weak when the windows are open. I just closed the windows.:cool:
Re iPad, meaning you can hold it in your lap?

·
Registered
380 Posts
These look like a good deal. I bought a single screen Sony, but these might be just the ticket for possible upcoming road trip from St.Paul to Calgary. Local wallyworld has them for $138 here.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
These look like a good deal. I bought a single screen Sony, but these might be just the ticket for possible upcoming road trip from St.Paul to Calgary. Local wallyworld has them for $138 here.
I'm holding off on them for now. I read reviews that were lukewarm on them. If you buy 'em, let me know how they work out.

I also came across this which might prove to be a simple but workable solution:

Mounting a Portable DVD Player in Vehicles - Case Mounts for Portable DVD Players

We already have an Audiovox 9" portable player I got a couple years ago. The thing is built like a tank, taken all kinds of abuse and is still ticking fine like a Timex. Since these cases are only around $20, I'll get one and see how well it works on the back of the seat. If not, I can always just keep it as a carrying case for the player.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts