Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 947 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is off topic but I've been curious. Explain the story behind your username. Of course some are obvious (Jim F), some I think are name contractions (ckonarske), and others I have no idea (triplecut).

I'll start. Although I realize that Lorax is the name of a popular Dr. Seuss character ("I speak for the trees"), my use is completely unrelated. It came from a friend of mine who misread my last name, Lortz. The nickname stuck.

·
1,484 Posts
nemogira - Real name Nestor. Nickname Moe. I think of "Nestor" as my serious/intelligent side. Moe is the name of my wilder/crazier side. Combined them together you get Nemoe (my other aka). The term GIRA is something I made up to reflect my huge creative side. I'm heavily into the art and I think the name "NEMOGIRA" best reflects who I am and what I do. You could check out what I do at www.nemogira.com

ne-mo-gira (a.k.a. smart-ass-artist)

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Yeah, not much of a nickname here.

On the other forums I'm fast93ser.

Fast 1993 Nissan Sentra SE-R

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nemogira - very impressive artwork.

Jim F a.k.a. fast93ser- it may seem obvious to you, but I didn't know.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Hachi- "8" in Japanese
Roku- "6" in Japanese
This is in reference to the '85-'87 Corolla GTS (AE86 model in Toyota terms).
Unfortunately I've been looking for one for awhile now(becoming cult cars with Toy enthusiasts) and have'nt found a good one.
(but i stick to my slighty quicker,same motor Corolla FX16 !)
"Rokurunner" and "HachiNi"(for my car, AE82) in other forums.

------------------
Rob/'01 GG LX

[This message has been edited by hachiroku (edited 04-26-2001).]

·
Registered
74 Posts
Well,damn...

RFT!!!
Dave Kelsen.
A good submissive is hard to beat.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Sorry, no imagination here. Chuck Konarske becomes ckonarske or ckon.

BTW, kudos to you Kelson for the wonderful quips in your signature line. I enjoy watching and waiting for them. Are you making them up as you go along or do you have a source somewhere?

Also, great things have to be in store for nemogira. A talent like yours will HAVE to take you somewhere. Have a great journey.

------------------
Chuck
'01 MB EX-NAV Pics and Projects

[This message has been edited by ckonarske (edited 04-26-2001).]

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ckonarske:
Also, great things have to be in store for nemogira. A talent like yours will HAVE to take you somewhere. Have a great journey.
</font>
I agree totally! I'm blown away by his work.

Just wait 'til next week. His work will be all over this site.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX

·
Registered
70 Posts
My real name is Doug Wilkerson (how boring)

Gram Parsons is kinda the godfather of the "No Depression" genre of music. Started out early with the Flying Burrito Brothers and a short bit with the Byrds. His best work was solo, though, with Emmylou Harris doing harmonies . . their original version of "Love Hurts" has been butchered many times over the years . . go check out the original.

I just like his name.

------------------
'01 SS Honda Odyssey EX
'99 F150 XL Supercab
'00 Kawasaki ZR-7

·
Registered
20 Posts
I usually just go by my last name, Seloff, since unless someone in my immediate family beats me to it the name is going to be available. However, if I'm feeling paranoid (that doesn't mean they aren't after me), I use my deep cover--seahorse.

Gary

·
Registered
148 Posts
I've been out most of the day and thought I'd check back to see what's new before I go night,night. So let's see we start the day by having someone go ballistic and hurl expletives at Jim and threaten him to within an inch of his life, and now it's time to open up and share... How novel!
Is the wacko here too?
Sorry, I couldn't resist
Actually, the only good thing I can think of about my name are my initials HIP. So you know, the rest of the story.
BTW, Nemogira, you are probably bored by hearing this by now but I have to say, your work is pretentious, contrite and gauche. Just kidding!

Lighten up, you artists are so serious.
You do have some talent, so what are you doing hanging around here with these losers?
OK, all together now... Everybody bow in unison and repeat after me:
"We're Not Worthy!, "We're Not Worthy!"

[This message has been edited by hip (edited 05-03-2001).]

·
1,484 Posts
Hy,

Say WHAT!
I should be bowing to guys like you and Chuck (aka "The Pioneers of the Ody Mods"). In my book - you two are artists in your own right. (And I really mean that) I would never have thought of the things you guys thought of. It's all about creativity
. Also Chuck - rather than on a journey...I'm out on an "Odyssey."

-nemogira

·
Registered
126 Posts
Boy, there really is a bunch of interesting and imaginative folks here. I'm definitely feeling "Not Worthy". Haven't figured out how to add a signature. Haven't figured out how to post pics of my 2/3 complete leather installation. Haven't taken pics of the Ody because I haven't washed it for awhile. Just barely know how to do the smiles

As to my UserName. It's obvious. No ex-wife in Denver. Still very happily married to my 1st wife. I live in Littleton, CO. Denver is shorter to type. I have a 2000 CSS EX.

Walter

·
Registered
261 Posts
abyez ?? It was just a combination of letters that came to mind when I was signing up with the yahoo! club. Yeah~ there is nothing to it - just a bland name.

------------------
Granite Green
1999 Honda Odyssey

·
Registered
101 Posts
My old name was FuryXX. Fury just sounded cool, and I had a MKII Supra, also known as a CelicaXX in Japan. When I got my recent car, well, you get the picture....

Also go by the usernames of FuryTL-X, FuryGS-R, FuryRS, FurySC4 etc. depending on the board I'm logged on.

And remember, that's FURY, not furry.

------------------

2001 Odyssey EX
1999 3.2TL
1997 GS-R 4-door
1995 NSX-T

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was a homebrewer for about 5 years, made my own beer and wine. Won some competitions, president of the local homebrew club for a year, etc. Easy to remember and I use it everywhere i can.

------------------
01 TW EX/Navi

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by FuryNSX:
Also go by the usernames of FuryTL-X, FuryGS-R, FuryRS, FurySC4 etc. depending on the board I'm logged on.</font>
Psst ... this is an Ody board.

No "FuryOdy" or "FuryEX"?

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX

1 - 20 of 947 Posts