Honda Odyssey Forum banner
21 - 40 of 1,024 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Brewer:
I was a homebrewer for about 5 years, made my own beer and wine. Won some competitions, president of the local homebrew club for a year, etc. Easy to remember and I use it everywhere i can.</font>
Party at Brewer's house!

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ckonarske:
Sorry, no imagination here. Chuck Konarske becomes ckonarske or ckon.

BTW, kudos to you Kelson for the wonderful quips in your signature line. I enjoy watching and waiting for them. Are you making them up as you go along or do you have a source somewhere?

<snip>
</font>

I wish I could take credit, Chuck, but these are taglines I have gathered over the years (I started out logging on to MIT to play 'Adventure' in early '79) from various sources. My tagline file has several hundred entries, but I've only made up 3 or 4 of 'em.

RFT!!!
Dave Kelsen.
Only a small percentage of male elephant seals
ever get to mate -- most spend their lives growing
fat while watching the action from a distance.
All this goes to show, I think, that we're just TV
and some beer from a total brotherhood of nature.

Jim F,

I was thinking about FuryODY, but it sounded a bit strange. FuryEX didn't specify enough if it was an Ody, Accord, Civic, or CR-V. I'm still working on that one. Maybe I'll use FuryBUS. =)

------------------

2001 Odyssey EX
1999 3.2TL
1997 GS-R 4-door
1995 NSX-T

Hell, "furryBUS" works.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX

I had a bicycle repair manual sitting on my desk when I was trying to think up a unique email name years ago. Thumbed through it and landed on "groupset", which is the name of the drivetrain of a bicycle (the pedals; crankset; chain; etc.). No more problems like "that name is already taken - please think of another".

David
Expectant Owner of an '01 GG EX-NAVI
Due Date 5/31/01
Registered at www.handa-accessories.com; cash would also be welcome.

Back when I was trying to think up a unique email name, there was a bicycle repair manual sitting on the desk next to the computer. I started thumbing through it and found "groupset" - it's the term to describe the drivetrain of a bicycle (pedals; crankset; chain; etc.). I've used it since.

------------------
David
Expectant Owner of an '01 GG EX-NAVI
Due Date - 5/31/01
Registered at: www.HandA-Accessories; Sears Tool Dept.; Lowe's

Jim, is there a way to change one's username?

Was in a hurry. Now feeling inspired, but left out...

Here's a high brow one for ya:)

I enjoy playing Devil's Advocate, so I picked an appropriate username. This was especially true when I owned a Saturn. I frequented the Saturn newsgroup, and often responded to one of the trolls there. After some time of pointing out his frequent contradictions and misinformation, I began to get some unwanted email, so I was forced to start a my-deja account and use a psuedonym. I don't know the original orgin, but the thesaurus I found it in said it was popularized in Shakespeare.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sdp:
Jim, is there a way to change one's username?

Was in a hurry. Now feeling inspired, but left out...
</font>
Go ahead and create a new one. I'll make sure it goes through. If you have a problem, email me.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX

In my wilder youth, my heroes were Grand Prix greats Ronnie Peterson and Ayrton Senna, both of whom were reknown for their driving prowess in the rain, hence their "RainMeister" moniker. Growing up in the Northeast, I relished the rainy seasons as it gave me an opportunity to try and mimic their driving styles in the wet. Though I'm now a minivan driving dad with 3 kids, by living amongst the "I can't drive in the rain" denizens of sunny L.A., I can still pretend to be a "RainMeister" on those rare stormy days.

do I REALLY need to explain it???
I have a TRICKED ODYESSEY!

------------------
FOR ALL YOUR SPEED PART AND AUDIO NEED....PERFORMANCE REFINSHING, Inc.
civicracer@core.com

Nothing too exciting here....

I am a mom who drives an Odyssey, and I have 2 kids

------------------
~Angela~
'01 MB EX

[This message has been edited by odymomof2 (edited 05-03-2001).]

Gunznmo - Guns and ammo - 'nuff said!

------------------
David
'01 GG EX, Full Nose Mask, Cargo Tray

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gunznmo:
Gunznmo - Guns and ammo - 'nuff said!
</font>
Typical speeding ticket stop in MS and AL:

*bang* *bang* *bang*

"Stop or I'll shoot!"

Yep, I'm originally from MS and my Dad was a cop.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX

8 most feared words in Alabama:

"You ain't from around here, are you Boy?

------------------
David
'01 GG EX, Full Nose Mask, Cargo Tray

You know what you get when you combine the cheerleading squads of the University of Alabama and the University of Mississippi?

A full set of teeth.

David
'01 GG EX-NAVI (the end of this month.)
---------------------------------------------
"A good way to threaten somebody is to light a stick of dynamite. Then you call the guy and hold the burning fuse up to the phone. 'Hear that?' you say: That's dynamite, baby." -- Jack Handy.

I have no idea where triplecut came from either!

Actually, my userid could have been many things because I have wide ranging interests, but triplecut has double esoteric meanings.

One refers to the "angle cut" given valves for better airflow when improving flow through porting. A "triplecut" is a common detail done with precision valve jobs. The other, believe it or not, refers to the type of incision made in the abdomen when performing a liver transplant, of which I personally have not performed or been the recipient of (a long, long story lurks here).

Not as mysterious as it seems huh?

Jim

my oldest sons name is ford. i have always owned fords until now, although i do have a ford contour as well as the odyssey.

------------------
2000 lx,fern grey,remote starter,honda single disc cd player,honda roof rack with cross rails,honda bra, hidden hitch,csa 5 spoke alloy wheels,15% film over oem privacy glass

Nicknamed for the size of my lightning rod, which has lightning bolts tattooed down to the skin flap, which is tattooed with billowy clouds, ...under which is tattooed the planet earth in globe fashion, including all towns & cities with a population of 10,000 or more. I remember Minneapolis/St. Paul was particularly painful.

Hope no one takes offense, I know years ago it used to get me kicked out of school a lot during "Show & Tell", ...some people just ain't artful!

[This message has been edited by Skybolt (edited 05-18-2001).]

21 - 40 of 1,024 Posts