Honda Odyssey Forum banner

941 - 955 of 955 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Grey is the color of my Odyssey, goose is an icon of my beautiful country. Happens to be the name of a popular vodka....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Luxio is the nickname my son gave my 02 EX. Luxio is an evolution of a Pokemon named Shinx. I work at Castrucci Auto Mall of Dayton as a senior lot tech in used cars. I'm the 2nd owner of my 02 EX. Granite green exterior fern cloth interior. 235K so far on original engine & transmission.

·
Registered
8 Posts
ANZAC. This stands for Australian New Zealand Army Corps. My great grandfather and uncle on my mothers side we’re veterans of WWI and WWII

·
Registered
1 Posts
Unfortunately my user name is nothing exotic...It is my first name augusto and my family name deasis like my dad ...hence jr. I recently had my 2002 Honda Odysee lose a timing belt had to replace the engine with a used one....
It has never run the same.. I get a lot of shaking and it feels like I am towing a bus. I got a check engine light and TCS.
I was able to get the codes P01361, P01366, and P1399 and other notes saying that cylinders 1,2,3 & 4 are misfiring.
I replaced the all the plugs and the its coils, together with the Timing Belt. My former mechanic said that it was a bad engine replacement and that I should return it....He then disappeared so I have to figure this out myself.
I could you anybodies help as to what to do....

·
Registered
16 Posts
"Old Man" is an affectionate name my 2 sons call me. I'm definitely "Old School" since I began working on cars back in the 1970s. Back then you had points, timing lights, adjusted valves with feeler gauges...1st on cold engines ( start point) then with car running. My daughter calls me "Daddy", Sons call me "Pops" or "Dad". I enjoyed my kids. Still married to same woman 37 years.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This is off topic but I've been curious. Explain the story behind your username. Of course some are obvious (Jim F), some I think are name contractions (ckonarske), and others I have no idea (triplecut).

I'll start. Although I realize that Lorax is the name of a popular Dr. Seuss character ("I speak for the trees"), my use is completely unrelated. It came from a friend of mine who misread my last name, Lortz. The nickname stuck.
It is from the song, "Sunny". People start singing it when they meet me, " Sunny one so true, I love you". It makes me happy. It started as a nickname in a class I took long ago after a very sad divorce. I lked it better than my real name so I had it legally changed. I am glad I did!

·
Registered
2020 EX-L, Lunar Silver, Gray interior
38 Posts
Yooper: a resident of the upper peninsula of Michigan. The U P...Yooper. FYI, we call the residents of the lower peninsula of Michigan...Trolls. Because they live below the bridge. I was born and raised in the upper peninsula. BTW, my Odyssey name... Calypso, one of the lovers of Odessius of Homer's Odyssey.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wow I just posted a huge long thing in the explain your name thing thinking it was the new member post... guess where I’m from?!
Uggghh
Edited haha!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I made the username rEVOLVED when I joined one of my first ever forums, which was for Smith & Wesson owners. At the time, I was obsessed with revolvers and thought it was a clever name. I've used it on almost every forum I frequent since then.

·
Registered
95 Honda Odyssey 4WD (RA2)
3 Posts
Honestly struggling to remember but I vaguely recall some racial slur(?) I was a vulgar teenager but I grew out of that. The name sort of stuck ever since

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L
1 Posts
Teiko is my oldest daughter's nickname which is her middle name and Babsy is my youngest's nickname. I of course am mom. TeikoBabsyMom

Bought a 2007 Honda CR-V and after 245,000 miles was told I had an expensive oil leak repair. (It was actually the steering pump I just found out.) My daddy found a one owner 2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L with 214,000 for cheap prior to finding out isn't wasn't an oil leak. The Odyssey is the only minivan I am willing to drive but I love Honda. In searching for serpentine belt issues I came across the Ody Club and viola. I could inform my daddy what the problem was and I AM NOT MECHANICALLY inclined. My daddy tells me this is the place that will teach me how to fix it myself.

I have become the mini bus driver with kids doing online school and everyone loves the new to us Odyssey. Looking forward to the journey of all the reading and learning. Thanks in advance!

941 - 955 of 955 Posts