Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2009 Odyssey Touring, 51,000 miles.
Check engine & VSA light come on.
Go to the Dealership with my "Bumper to Bumper" Honda Warranty.
"Rejected!"
Bad #3 Sparkplug. Sparkplugs are wear and tear items.
Had to pay for the diagnostic test and the bad plug myself.
$145.00.

You are better off going self-insured and avoid these crappy no coverage warranties!
:mad:

·
Registered
193 Posts
How often are spark plugs supposed to be replaced in the 3.5L ?

If they have to be replaced before the schedule shows the warranty should cover it.

·
Registered
427 Posts
2009 Odyssey Touring, 51,000 miles.
Check engine & VSA light come on.
Go to the Dealership with my "Bumper to Bumper" Honda Warranty.
"Rejected!"
Bad #3 Sparkplug. Sparkplugs are wear and tear items.
Had to pay for the diagnostic test and the bad plug myself.
$145.00.

You are better off going self-insured and avoid these crappy no coverage warranties!
:mad:
You indicated your van has 51k miles on it. It wouldn't have a bumper to bumper Honda warranty at 51k miles.. those end at 3yrs or 36k miles.

Extended warranty's (Even Hondacare) are never as good as the 3yr 36k bumper to bumper warranty. They have certain exclusions which you can see for yourself on the policy.

·
Registered
427 Posts
How often are spark plugs supposed to be replaced in the 3.5L ?

If they have to be replaced before the schedule shows the warranty should cover it.
No it doesn't. 100k+ mile tune up is a maintenance interval. It's not covered by warranty. Even though the plugs claim 100k+ miles.. there is legal wording usually noted there in the manual.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
If you have Honda Care....I urge you to call them and read the invoice to them. My dealer attempted to charge me for several items, several x that were covered under Honda Care. Service managers do not know their asses from holes in the ground....Make the call! And it is great when Honda Care Calls them and tells them to give you your money back........and you can say....Told ya so

·
Registered
308 Posts
How long is the emissions warranty from Honda? If the spark plug failed and you have a check engine light you sure aren't passing an emissions inspection.

·
Registered
54 Posts
My extended warranty just expired. With the repairs they covered I came out smelling like a rose! :DD

They don't cover wear and tear, though. I've never had one that did.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts