Honda Odyssey Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
My Ody is my 12th Honda. I started getting the extended warrantys when I had to buy a $2300 transmission for my Civic in 1993. Since then I can add up the price of a new Civic DX in what Honda Care has covered by repairing my cars under warranty.

I live in Arizona and have had 5 A/C units replaced in Hondas I buy almost all of them brand new and put 30-40K on them a year. I usually have 2-3 hondas at a time and they all have Honda Care.

I have never seen an A/C unit come under $2300. The dealer always tells me, "Its under warranty, we will replace everything that has to do with the A/C system". Fan, consensor, pump, everything was new, lines, not one thing was used from the previous A/C unit. I always get my monies worth.

Ive also gone through 3 transmissions, Ive had fuel pumps and back in the igniter days, I had like 6 of them go in 4 cars. I love Hondas I should own stock in them. I will always get Honda Care.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Gregg I have also gotten HONDA care on all my hondas but never did I pay 2300... most I ever paid was 1400 and that is through my dealer, although you could get it around 1200 with ericka her info is on this as well..

·
Registered
26 Posts
I paid $2160 for my 8/100/0. I think as soon as the paperwork is final at the dealer im going to cancel it. I bought my Ody last weekend with 65 miles on it and now its got 1243 7 days later. I did drive it home from Sacramento though. :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 2000 Ody has 68000 mi on it, I have 3 months left on my 7/100/0 HondaCare which I paid $1100 for, And I've never even used it.... I will gladly pay it again for the piece of mind, the heck with investments.....

·
Registered
9 Posts
2006Odyssey said:
I paid $2160 for my 8/100/0. I think as soon as the paperwork is final at the dealer im going to cancel it. I bought my Ody last weekend with 65 miles on it and now its got 1243 7 days later. I did drive it home from Sacramento though. :D
Cancel it! I'm in the process of doing that now. I paid $1599 for a 5/100, but once its cancelled, I'm getting an 8/120 from Ericka (search this site) for $1250!

As far as value, between the prorated refund or transfer to new owner on resell, and the fact that if something is slightly amiss, my wife has me take a car to the dealer to get checked out, its worth it to me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I need to cancel the plan I just purchased (for cash). Do I need to cancel it with the dealer or honda? I just bought it 3 days ago.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I need to cancel the plan I just purchased (for cash). Do I need to cancel it with the dealer or honda? I just bought it 3 days ago.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It all depends on the vehicle...If you have a high performance vehicle and beat on it all the time...the ex warranty is worth its weight in gold. I once owned a Dodge Shelby GLHS...well those were dark years for Dodge's. My vehicle racked up a total of 37,000 dollars of warranty work in 4 years. The warranty was $500...I think I got my money's worth.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I agree that MOST of the time the ext. wars. are not worth it. But in my case, when i bought a used '01 ODY that I was going to tow a boat with, I decided the extra $900 or so for 100k miles of coverage would likely be worth it. It paid off when the tranny had to be replaced at 70k miles.

So the point is, there are no "blanket" answers to the question of whether the war. is worth it. the most that can be said is, usually NO, but sometimes YES.

Bottom line, do the research, crunch the numbers and make an informed decision.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Give me 8 years or 100k miles and I'll tell you if the warranty paid for itself. Unless you can predict the future don't see it as a warranty, but as insurance.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts