Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Forum

I just bought a 2012 EX-L. I'm considering extended warranty. My question is that how quickly I should buy it?

My feeling is that I should be able to buy extended warranty any time before standard warranty (3 yr / 36,000 miles) expires.

Thanks for any comments!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

·
Registered
105 Posts
There is at leased two threads on this subject.
I purchased the 8/120K option. The price goes up with time and miles. Do a search for a thread on this. Many entries.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your post with more information? It is extremely helpful for me.
I just spent last night reading old posts. My understanding now is that the best price for 8 yr/120k miles is around $1250 and I can buy the extended warranty at this price as long as my vehicle is under 6k miles. After 6k miles, the price will increase a little bit.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just spent last night reading old posts. My understanding now is that the best price for 8 yr/120k miles is around $1250 and I can buy the extended warranty at this price as long as my vehicle is under 6k miles. After 6k miles, the price will increase a little bit.
$1250 sounds good deal. I paid $1270 for 8/120 (from Hyannis Honda/Bob, he said you have to get it before 6k miles for new car warranty). With so many bells and whistles loaded on Ody these days, it just gives you 5 extra years of peace of mind, well worth it IMHO.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Where is the $1250? I am shopping now, have not seen below the 1295 from Bob. Can you tell me the dealership? Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Is $1650 (8yr/120k,no deductible) a good price for a 2012 EX-L Nav in Norcal ? Any better deals in SoCal or other parts of the state ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
$1250 sounds good deal. I paid $1270 for 8/120 (from Hyannis Honda/Bob, he said you have to get it before 6k miles for new car warranty). With so many bells and whistles loaded on Ody these days, it just gives you 5 extra years of peace of mind, well worth it IMHO.
Do you happen to have the contact info for this Hyannis Honda/Bob?

Thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
[FONT=&quot]Bob Leab[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Just took advantage of this myself...here you go

Hyannis Honda[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]830 West Main St[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hyannis, MA 02601[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](508)778-7878 voice[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](508)775-6855 fax[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][email protected][/FONT]

·
Registered
190 Posts
They will send you a price list, my dealer matched his price...they had originally charged me $1790 for the 8/120 with a $100 deductible!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I see a lot of folks getting the extended warranty from Bob Leab @ Hyannis Honda. He definitely has the best prices, but has anyone run into any issues using the warranty especially if you are in a different state than Massachusetts?

I wanted to have some piece of mind before purchasing through Bob since I live in Georgia and didn't know if I would run into any issues using the warranty when needed.

If anyone has any stories to share (good or bad), I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
so is the strategy is to wait until near the 6k miles and buy?
I use it as a weekend and trip car so I might not hit 6k until over a year later. So when i buy it does it mean that the warranty will give me 8 years (assuming i get the 8 year plan) from a year form now, so essentially 9 years total? For the same price?

Do they make the plan affective as of the car purchase date for coverage?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello, Forum

I just bought a 2012 EX-L. I'm considering extended warranty. My question is that how quickly I should buy it?

My feeling is that I should be able to buy extended warranty any time before standard warranty (3 yr / 36,000 miles) expires.

Thanks for any comments!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
For my 2010 Touring edition, I signed up for the 8 yr 90000 warranty and it was paid off by three services- Replacing the spark plugs on a trip to Florida and Coil Patch replacement on a trip returning from yellowstone.

·
Registered
9 Posts
For my 2010 Touring edition, I signed up for the 8 yr 90000 warranty and it was paid off by three services- Replacing the spark plugs on a trip to Florida and Coil Patch replacement on a trip returning from yellowstone.
Did you purchase HondaCare or Any other third party warranty?
Trying to see which one is better (HondaCare Vs CNA)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts