Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, just purchased a 2020 EX-L with NaviRES. Was offered an extended warranty for 120 months / 100,000 miles for $2k. worth it?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Are you keeping it for that long? Is deductible $100 or less? Then it might be.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Warranty companies always make it "worth it" for them or they would go out of business. If you are not mechanically inclined or don't have an emergency fund stashed away for costly repairs once the factory warranty expires, then you might be better off paying for the warranty. Check out the warranties offered by College Hills Honda and see if your dealer will price match them. If not, you can purchase straight from them as they are usually one of the cheapest providers of the same HondaCare warranty your dealer is offering.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Shop around online and you will likely be able to find a better deal for Honda's 10yrs/100k miles warranty for less than 2k.

·
Registered
2020 Odyssey EX-L, 2015 Mercedes GLA250, 1979 Mercedes 6.9
9 Posts
For comparison, I bought a 7 year 100k mile extended warranty for my 2020 EX-L through my credit union for $725. Deductible is $100, and allows work to be performed at an authorized shop or dealer.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Skip the warranty. And save the $2000 for future repairs. Auto Mfg. sell warranties to "make" money. They have their
algorithms, which calculate the odds of them having to pay. (their favor, not yours).

Again, if Auto Mfg. Lost money on extended warranties, they would not sell them.
IMHO.

·
Registered
399 Posts
While that may give you some peace of mind, it won't give you a free pass.

I had extended warranties on all my 35+ years of Honda vehicles and I can only remember 2 instances where the dealer voluntarily covered the repair(s). I had to fight hard pretty much every single time to get coverage on non-wear items, most times unsuccessfully. YMMV of course. Extended warranties are worthless imo based on my experiences.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, just purchased a 2020 EX-L with NaviRES. Was offered an extended warranty for 120 months / 100,000 miles for $2k. worth it?
I bought a 2016 EXL with Nav. at the end of 2016. My Sister made me get the 8 year extended warranty for Electrical. If you decide against the reg. extended warranty, keep in mind that majority of things that could go wrong relate to Electrical.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts