Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HiYa,

My RRP-L-RES is due next week and I was thinking of buying 3 extra headsets to make sure that if everyone in the back 2 seats want to have fun, they can.

I am not sure which ones to go for and I am not sure of the compatibility issues either. My dealer is quoting me $16.00 for each, not bad price at all but I wanted to check out the options and bells and whistles that I can get in those competing headsets.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.
Regards,
Colorado Cowboy.

·
Registered
205 Posts
For $16.00 I doubt your dealer is selling you wireless headphones. There are 3 jacks with seperate volume controls on the storage console back in the 3rd row area that are for those passengers and are made for using wired headphones. Handaaccessories.com sells the wireless infrared headphones which are compatible but they are a good bit more than $16 which leads me to believe your dealer is going to give you WIRED headphones which you can buy for much less without him.

·
Registered
75 Posts
believe it or not the headsets for the RES actually are showing as being that cheap (actually cheaper than that, suggested list is $12.95) They are currently on back order from Honda and aren't due out for about another month. I haven't quoted any solid prices to anyone on them yet because Honda may change the price before they ship.

-Trevor
http://www.HandA-Accessories.com/

·
Registered
205 Posts
So Trevor is sounds like the the aftermarket IVES system and the factory RES system use different headphones? Good news they are that much cheaper-I just guessed that infrared was infrared and they would be the same as IVES. Thanks for keeping us up to date Trevor!

·
Registered
585 Posts
Anybody got a pic of these?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just got my GG EXL-RES last night and tried the headphones on the kids. Unfortunately, they are a little too big for my 15 month old. He really wanted to listen to the movie like his big sister and was upset that they kept falling off.

I know I could use a cheap set of walkman style wired headphones, but at that age I worry about him wrapping the wire around his neck.

Does anyone know if you can get smaller IR headphones anywhere?

·
Registered
143 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jhojni:
Unfortunately, they are a little too big for my 15 month old.

Does anyone know if you can get smaller IR headphones anywhere?
</font>

I know this might not work for everyone, but my solution is to tie a pair of walkman speakers (or computer speakers) around the base of my little girl's car seat and then hook them up to the headphone jack.

Sid

[This message has been edited by ody2002 (edited 10-19-2001).]

·
Registered
177 Posts
I prefer to wear the head phones around my neck instead of directly on my ears. I just turn up the volume. I did the same for my 2 year old. I don't hear it when I am driving or sitting somewhere else in the vehicle.

MMCD

1 - 11 of 11 Posts