Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read posts on other sites about fabric protection that generally thought it was not worth the cost. However I have also read of other peoples horror stories of spills happening in the first month. So is there any alternative to dealer fabric protection? I called a few local places and no one seems to do other than the dealer.

Any suggestions?

cheers

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Sure. Do it yourself with a couple of cans of Scotch Guard, if it's still around in your area, or some other kind of fabric protector available in any auto parts store.

------------------
Chuck
'01 MB EX-NAV Pics and Projects

·
Registered
184 Posts
I Scotchguarded my interior the first week I got it, after reading posts by others about same. Although 3M discontinued Scotchguard, they're reintroducing a "New and Improved" (read: environmentally friendly) version. Try older hardware stores. I bought all of the old stuff a local Ace hardware store had on their dusty shelves. I probably went overboard, but I think I used 2 cans of the upholstery spray on the seats, and 2-3 cans of the carpet protector. Overkill, but it's only new once. I have not tested it yet, since so far I've managed to keep the van from being a rolling picnic!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I use a spray on protectant on carpets, spots are much easier to clean and don't resoil as quickly. Some say it's a waste of money, 15 yrs of experience tells me otherwise. Do some research, there are many fabric protectants to choose from that are simple to apply. I am going to try the 303 fabric guard on my 02 Ody interior.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I applied about 2 cans of 3M Scotch Guard on my Ody back in August of 1999. I just did the first major clean last month with a Bissel hand carpet wash/vac. It looks fantastic! I re-applied fresh protectant. I agree that it is well worth the effort.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts