Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am an intern with an automotive parts supplier and I am assisting with some research on the Odyssey and its stock audio system. I was hoping that you would be able to answer a few questions for me.

What system did you receive in your Odyssey?
What is your overall level of satisfaction with it?
Do you feel that the factory audio system is at an appropriate performance level for this vehicle?
What improvements could be made to the current system?
Have you upgraded, or are you considering upgrading? If so, to what?
Which automotive audio brands are you familiar with?
What vehicles have you previously owned, and what kind of systems did they have?

Thank you so much for your help!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'll answer first - to try to protect you from the pounding you may take for asking that question. You may want to visit www.edmunds.com and look at the Odyssey forums there as well that have been going on since the first Odyssey rolled off the line.

Basically, the general consensus of most all Odyssey owners (that I've seen) is that this is one of the worst factory installed systems on the market today - especially in a $27K vehicle. It's underpowered and is composed of four $10 pioneer commercial speakers.

As for the head units, other than being underpowered they're not that bad. It's the full system design that's bad. This van should have had better sound protection/baffling, at least six high quality speakers (maybe some with a little bass would have been nice), more power, and a better configuration option. What I mean by that is this: the LX came with a casstette player and you could get the optional in-dash 6 CD changer. But with the EX (higher model) you could only get the single CD in-dash with an optional cassette player. The only way to get a CD changer was to either get the remote unit (not convenient) or remove your standard single in-dash player and replace it with the 6 CD changer (not practical). Just plain stupid.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I would agree with what nedlyj said about the general opinion of the system. It is not nearly what it should be.

I would also add that I have wondered why you would put a set of 4" speakers in the back of big vehicle like this. I would want at least a set of 6.5" like in the front and preferably a set of 6x9" speakers in the back.

Travis

------------------
2001 MB EX, Splash Guards, Cargo Tray, Wheel Locks, Pioneer Speakers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts