Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question regarding the video entertainment system that is suppose to come installed from the factory in the ex-l RES 2002. Is it only DVD or is it VCP?

Thanks,
Steven

·
Registered
368 Posts
I've read (here, I think), that the IVES is a vcp and the RES is a dvd...

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If that is the case then I guess we can't get i-Ves directly installed from the factory. And have to keep paying more for it from the dealers.

·
Registered
127 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by johnkalajian:
I've read (here, I think), that the IVES is a vcp and the RES is a dvd...</font>
I wonder if that means the 2002 DVD can be installed in place of the VCP in the current iVES configurations. I've been trolling the net for a mobile DVD that I could somehow integrate with the iVES on my 2001 EX, but a drop-in replacement for the video player would be the best solution-no muss, no fuss.

·
Registered
75 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">If that is the case then I guess we can't get i-Ves directly installed from the factory. And have to keep paying more for it from the dealers.</font>
it can be found cheaper

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I wonder if that means the 2002 DVD can be installed in place of the VCP in the current iVES configurations. I've been trolling the net for a mobile DVD that I could somehow integrate with the iVES on my 2001 EX, but a drop-in replacement for the video player would be the best solution-no muss, no fuss</font>
I'm looking forward to seeing the catalog listings as soon as they add the 2002's to them to see what they show.

-Trevor

1 - 5 of 5 Posts