Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We put the cross bars on our 2010 Ody today and now we need a fairing to help with the noise. What type fits the profile of the cross bars? It seems the Yakima and Thule bars are shaped differently than the Honda bars, so I am not sure if they'll fit or not.

Thanks,
Kris

·
Registered
221 Posts
i have the OEM cross bars installed and haven't noticed any additional noices.

i also have thule bars and when those are installed i do notice quite a bit more noise.

in fact, if i ran the thule bars i would definitely have to get the fairing.

maybe your cross bars are too far forward?

did you align your cross bars to the mark on the stock rails?

joel

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They're definitely in the right spot. They whistle a bit a lower speeds and it turns to a hoot around 35mph. At highway speeds, I can't hear it specifically, but the overall wind noise level is definitely higher.

We don't need them on too often, so I guess we'll just take them off after we're done using them. Easy enough.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
We have the Honda crossbars installed and don't notice any noise at all even with the sunroof open. Are you sure that you installed them correctly? The thin side of the crossbar from center rubber strip faces towards the front of the vehicle.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jackrabbit000 said:
We have the Honda crossbars installed and don't notice any noise at all even with the sunroof open. Are you sure that you installed them correctly? The thin side of the crossbar from center rubber strip faces towards the front of the vehicle.
They appear to be installed correctly. With the sunroof open, there is enough wind noise, I can't tell a difference.

I should have added that by degree and training, I am a Noise and Vibration engineer in the automotive industry, so I tend to be more aware of vehicle noises.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts