Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even thought climate control system is off, when the vehicle speed goes above 30 mph, I hear a noise which is almost like the a/c fan. Does front wheel bearing make that kind of noise? I am familiar with the rear wheel bearing noise which is generally lot louder and more like a jet engine taking off. This noise is not like that. I have also verified that the noise I am hearing is dependent upon vehicle speed and not on engine speed by putting in in Neutral on the road.

Can my mechanic hear it on the lift if he were to put it in the drive? Or that sets off CEL/TCS etc??

- Vikas

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
Something (paper, cardboard, etc.) caught in the van somewhere causing the noise when you reach a certain speed? How about a loose splash shield on the bottom?

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I peeked underneath and nothing obvious is hanging. The noise starts just before 30mph and increases with the speed but as far as I can notice, after 40mph, it seems to remain steady. Even at 90mph, there was no additional noise apart from the usual road noise.

Now I am wondering if this is coming from door seals or coming from the tires. I really do not have any explanation as to how the noise would increase from 30 to 40 but not after that. It is not related to engine speed or transmission gear or being in neutral.

- Vikas

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The noise does NOT come when the roads are wet. I am now suspecting it must be the tire noise although I have no explanation why the noise goes away when wet. Either that or the door/window seals are sealing better when the air is moist. I do not think bearing noise would go away in rain.

Any thoughts??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts