Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 379 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At first, I wasn't planning on disabling the VCM since I barely noticed it. But after reading numerous threads recently and in the past about broken motor mounts and possibly other engine issues, I decided to order the VCMuzzler from verbatim on this board. I expect my cars to go to 200k miles with minimal maintenance issues. Honda/Acura motor mounts are already weak, so I didn't want additional pressure on the mounts. No other vehicles require motor mounts before 100k miles.

AFTER installation, the engine feels so much better! No lugging, very responsive, and hardly any drop in MPG. Installation was very quick and easy with verbatim's provided instructions. I had ordered the Ultraguage a few days ago, so I monitored things on our day trip yesterday. Before the VCMuzzler, the engine coolant temperate was around 175. Afterwards, it read as 160, which is what it's supposed to do, make it ready 15 degrees lower. I believe VCM engages when the engine coolant temperature is above 167.

Definitely glad I got this done! I'm not a performance hog, but will do anything to help my vehicles last longer!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Welcome to the "Muzzled" club:). We should do a poll on how many have done this mod.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Great to hear. I PM'd verbatim as well for this muzzler just this morning after all the positive feedback. My Ody only has 17k on the odo and the only thing I noticed so far is the extra engine braking when letting off the gas but I don't want broken mounts or fouled plugs so this will be well worth it.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I did it a few months ago, after only a month or so of buying my Ody. Taken many trips and sat in tons of traffic with no issues.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yep just did my 2007 after buying it used with 155000 miles. Verbatim is awesome! Hoping to get many more miles out of my motor mounts. My VCM was more pronounced than many on here claim theirs are. Now I love all of my Odyssey!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,170 Posts
Send a PM to member verbatim.

Dave

·
Registered
10 Posts
Count me in! I bought a '12 used and just joined the Muzzler club a month or 2 ago. I hadn't had issues but also hope to run to 200K so figured why not. It made a nice van nicer!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Is it the VCM that is kicking in and out that makes the car feel like it has a miss when on cruise control at about 76?

·
Registered
668 Posts
Is it the VCM that is kicking in and out that makes the car feel like it has a miss when on cruise control at about 76?
Is you "ECO" light matching the "kicking in and out"? Should be doing it more than just when you running 76.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Will have to check on that, parmm. Have a hi speed run this weekend to bring stuff to the college boy in Columbia.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I tried PM'ing verbatim but he needs to clean out his PM box. If he reads this and wants to PM me the details I'd appreciate it.

Edit: 2015 Odyssey EX-L if it matters.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Totally interested. Any other details of what this item does? Care to explain? Thanks!!

·
Registered
668 Posts
I tried PM'ing verbatim but he needs to clean out his PM box. If he reads this and wants to PM me the details I'd appreciate it.

He answered my pm a week, or so, ago.

·
Registered
183 Posts

He answered my pm a week, or so, ago.

I pm'd him as well. Did you get one ordered? This VCM is making me crazy and makes me wanna ditch this van just for this reason. Lol. Lmk. Thanks.

·
Registered
668 Posts
He is in the great white north, and Canada Post takes a while, so I am still waiting. Suppose to be here the 27th. Vertabim has a excellent following both here, and on the Honda Pilot forums. You don't have to worry about sending your money to him! He is one of us!

And just in case, you can just go back to post #9 in this thread, and click on his name to PM him again, just in case it got lost somewhere in cyberspace, or maybe he is on a trip or something.

·
Registered
183 Posts
1 - 20 of 379 Posts
About this Discussion
378 Replies
113 Participants
John Clark
Honda Odyssey Forum
Odyclub community is the #1 forum to discuss all things Honda Odyssey: minivans, safety, service maintenance, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing