Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about installing the Fenderwell Trim, but I want to know the purpose of it beside look. Is it worth the $100? Thanks.

------------------
'01 Starlight Silver EX
Totally Newbie now, but learning quick.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Yikes. I think the "look" is about the worst part of it. I think their main purpose is to simply protect the slightly protruding lip from dings. It is surprising how little dings start to show up on those fenderwells. Mostly they come from other's doors in the parking lot.

------------------
-= Darell =-
2002 Ody EXL-Nav (TW) ordered, but apparently never coming.
2001 Civic EX

·
Registered
58 Posts
I think it looks good on the LX since the door handles and bumper strip along the side of the van is also black. I have it and like the looks. It also ties in the mug guards nicely with the body.

·
Registered
564 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by carln:
I think it looks good on the LX since the door handles and bumper strip along the side of the van is also black. I have it and like the looks. It also ties in the mug guards nicely with the body. </font>
Point well taken.

------------------
-= Darell =-
2002 Ody EXL-Nav (TW) ordered, but apparently never coming.
2001 Civic EX

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your feedback. I happened to see a Silver EX with this set installed on it and it looked pretty good, I thought. However, now that I got your input I've decided NOT to go with this set any more. The good thing about this is I get to save some $, which is very good in this kind of economic downturn.

------------------
'01 Starlight Silver EX

·
Registered
72 Posts
Originally posted by OddyNewbie:
Thinking about installing the Fenderwell Trim, but I want to know the purpose of it beside look.............

I like the look of any black that I can add as an accent to the starlight silver paint. I suppose that there is some protection of the wheel well edge as well. They only go in about an inch so I don't think that they offer the fenderwell much protection at all. I agree also that they "complete" the look of the mud guards. I will probably add some black pinstripe design later too.
silver and black, silver and black.....need I go on......
GO RAIDERS

(just in case)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought some guards to cover up a ding that someone left on my rear fender well from opening a door. My wife is not so sure about the look so I have not put them on yet. But I think they look good with the mudguards and contrast with the white even though it is an EX. I think they are necessary to prevent dings from other vehicles especially trucks.

------------------
John
01 TW EX subwoofer, mud guards, full nose mask, leather wheel cover, yakima rack, Hidden Hitch
2002 Honda Rancher ES 4x4

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think the black accent looks good on the brighter-colored ody too and not just the LX models. The SS ody I saw on the street with these installed looked pretty nice, I thought. As for the protection against dings, I hate when this happens. I have been able to prevent this using the old fashioned way - park away from the rest when I have a chance. When I am "squeezed" between 2 other vehicles, I will try to find 3 standard spaces (as opposed to compact) and go in the middle space. Where I work, there is a huge parking lot and most people would prefer to park next to the entrance. I just take my time to park all the way out there to prevent dings and benefit from the good brisk walk to the building at the same time. Anyway, will reconsider the trim after talking with the wife.

------------------
'01 Starlight Silver EX

1 - 8 of 8 Posts