Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the Fern leather really look that close to the quartz? I saw the 2002 brochure and I thought one of the pictures was the quartz leather, than I looked at the small print and was surprised to read "Fern Leather." Has anyone seen the two at the same time to comapare. Just wondering. Also on another note; the third brake light reads "an LED" in the brochure, not that that matters to me but have seen some posts asking about the light.

------------------
2002 Starlight Silver EXL-RES on order. October delivery.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I haven't seen either fern or quartz in *LEATHER* yet, but have seen the Quartz vs. Fern side by side from the 2000 model.

We have a 2000 TF/Fern interior. The dealer had to replace the magic seat handle (another story) and mistakenly ordered a quartz piece.

When the quartz piece was installed, it was immediately noticable as being a lighter color and much grayer with a hint of brown when up next to the fern.

The fern is a gray to most people until you point out to them that it has a hint of green, which it does, once you look at it.

In looking at the 2002 brochure, it appears that the leather is the medium of the three colors of plastic on the interior. That is, it will be the color of the glove box.

Greg

·
Registered
207 Posts
I was surprised at the tone of the fern leather as well. I looked at the brochure assuming the shot on the one page (presumably page 6) was quartz. Then I looked at Todd's pictures and assumed that was quartz also.

Finally, I looked at the brochure again and saw the small print at the bottom. Now, I realize I've seen everything BUT quartz!

One thing's for sure; the colors of the leather on the inside back cover of the brochure appear to be just a **tad** darker than the images of the interiors I've seen.

[This message has been edited by Homer (edited 09-16-2001).]

·
Registered
564 Posts
I still can't figure out why they bother offering two leather colors that are so darn close. I think I'd rather have the average of the two colors in all vans that get the "darker leather" treatment, and knock $5 off the sticker price

-d

------------------

·
1,484 Posts
I'm not sure about the 2002 leather but for the pre-2002 cloth colors...

QUARTZ - it essentially Grey w/ a slight hint of Red/Purple

and

FERN - also Grey but w/ a slight hint of Green

I too don't know why they just didn't make them both flat Grey. Also, there used to be confusion (especially in the catalogues) with CSS and GG. Maybe 1 reason why CSS was discontinued.

-Nestor

1 - 5 of 5 Posts