Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys this is my first time posting and unfortunately its regarding a few issues i noticed with my dad's odyssey. First off my dad has a 2001 EX with 190,000. The TCS light comes on when driving for a while and continues to stay on even when i press the TCS button. When i shut the car off and turn it back on it goes away but comes back after driving for a bit. The second issue is his coolant color. It is green unlike the blue color of type 2 coolant. i believe he has never had his coolant serviced and im wondering if he needs a complete coolant flush or just a drain n fill. Finally the last issue i notcied was hes missing the black circle on the outer back window on the driver's side of the car. Does anyone know what its called or the part number so i can order it through the dealer or buy it online if its cheaper. sorry for the long post. TIA

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was doing some reading on other threads and found out if you get you timing belt and water pump replaced they change out your coolant? My dad got those parts replaced 2 years ago.

·
Registered
6,077 Posts
Yes coolant is supposed to be changed with the timing belt and water pump change. The old coolant was green and the new coolant is blue.

The TCS light on should provide an ABS/TCS code retrieved from the dealer to diagnose the problem component/circuit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts