Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I liked bmorison's idea of replacing the Ody horns so I replaced the factory horns on mine with a pair of Italian Fiamm horns today. They sound mucho better than stock!
(They were twenty-five bucks at Meijer, Inc.) Pics are posted.

Also if anyone's interested, I added some pics of the height adjustment and back side of the fog lamps to the "2001 Fog Lamp" album.

------------------
Chuck
Click here for Ody pics, mods and fixes.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Very Cool, maybe will will start a trend !

------------------
2001 GG Ex, Leather, GPS, TV/DVD, Donnely Mirror, WingWest areo kit, 17x8 wheels w/yokohamas, Hella supertone horns.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I loved the Fiamm air horns I had on my Miata, but the Honda stock horn seems to be OK so far. If it needs an upgrade in the future, I'll probably pull the horns of a junker Caddy for their big ol' 'Merican sound

Scott

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pigeon:
I loved the Fiamm air horns I had on my Miata
Scott
</font>
Now there are some horns. I installed the blue ones on my Ody about 3 months ago.In fact, all the vehicles I have owned have had either Fiamms, Bosch or Hellas on them.

P.S. Another good set is the Bosch Fanfaren from the older Benzes.

------------------
-ROB-
'01 GG LX "Lagreat"(with stuff,just S-T-U-F-F)
http://community.webshots.com/album/18601743AkjQIJiKqK

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Bringing this to the top again. So Morrison, where did you purchase the Hella Supertone Horns and how much did they cost? Does anybody have a comparo of Hella vs. FIAMM? What are: "the blue ones?"

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Watch the site this weekend for new "how-to" proceedures in the "Tech" section. Chuck's horns will be there.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX w/stuff
'93 Nissan Sentra SE-R with more stuff

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sinbad:
Does anybody have a comparo of Hella vs. FIAMM? What are: "the blue ones?"</font>
Hella and FIAMM are pretty much equal in quality and performance. FIAMM is made in Italy and Hella in Germany.Although FIAMM is also marketed here in under another brand (I forgot). I've used both brands in all my cars since the late 70's. No problems, no regrets.
My blue horns are 2-trumpet air horns.Nice european sound.This is actually my first pair of airs. I've always purchased the two-tone horns.
Hope this helps.

------------------
-ROB-
'01 GG LX "Lagreat"(with stuff,just S-T-U-F-F)
http://community.webshots.com/album/18601743AkjQIJiKqK

1 - 7 of 7 Posts