Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

YES!! Many thanks to johnkalajian who recommended the dealer who came through for me- Jay Honda in Ohio!
He bought his '01 there last year I believe, and had NO problems registering an out of state car so...
Anyone still waiting (and waiting) like I was, give Dennis Jenkins at Jay Honda a call
1-888-360-6861
I left him a message one day and the next day he paged me to say they would dealer trade with someone nearby who had my Ody on the lot!
If that wasn't enough, he is selling at $400 below MSRP to help out with the shipping cost! He said he ships Odys all over the country on a regular basis and really knows how to put it all together!
Should get it in about 1-2 weeks. YEE-HAW

------------------
On the waiting list for my '02 EX Nav in RED!
Forget world peace-visualize using your turn signal!!
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

[This message has been edited by ody (edited 09-28-2001).]

·
Registered
40 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ody:

YES!! Many thanks to johnkalajian who recommended the dealer who came through for me- Jay Honda in Ohio!
He bought his '01 there last year I believe, and had NO problems registering an out of state car so...
Anyone still waiting (and waiting) like I was, give Dennis Jenkins at Jay Honda a call
1-888-360-6861
I left him a message one day and the next day he paged me to say they would dealer trade with someone nearby who had my Ody on the lot!
If that wasn't enough, he is selling at $400 below MSRP to help out with the shipping cost! He said he ships Odys all over the country on a regular basis and really knows how to put it all together!
Should get it in about 1-2 weeks. YEE-HAW

</font>
How does this work? Do yo end up paying double sales tax?, Ohio and California. I looked Ohio sales tax rates and they looked to be 5% Any info would be appreciated.

Chris

·
Registered
368 Posts
You don't pay sales tax in Ohio, its tax free sale there, and you get a temporary 30 day registration. When you register in California, you pay tax then on the Ohio purchase price.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, what he said! Where I live it was
7% tax, plus a couple of hundred for license, title fee etc. Had to get a smog check too which was very easy, cost about $45. My credit union was very helpful since the transaction is slightly more complicated by buying out of state, but not a real problem. I would recommend anyone check this out as an option if you can't find what you want locally at MSRP!

------------------
'02 RRP EX NAV
Mudguards,cargo tray,door edge protectors, gold emblems,
17" TSW Spirit wheels with 235/55 Dunlop Sport A2 tires Lots more to come!
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts