Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my '02 SS EXL-RES and man is it the greatest thing since sliced toast.

The RES is amazing.

Thanks you all.

·
Registered
14 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lurkerdave:
Just picked up my '02 SS EXL-RES and man is it the greatest thing since sliced toast.

The RES is amazing.

Thanks you all.
</font>

Do you see a red dot on your DVD screen? I see a bright red dot on mine, it is very annoying. I think it is a factory defect.

Also, have you trained your homelink button to learn your garage door codes? Mine just couldn't learn it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
The red dot you are referring to is a stuck pixel on the LCD.

Our RES has a stuck blue pixel.

You will find that notebook computers, flat panel monitors, etc. all tend of have a couple of these.

It's due to the difficulties manufacturing LCD panels. The industry usually says if you have less than 5 stuck pixels on a typical notebook computer screen, then it is "normal" (which measures between 13"-15").

I would say on the 7" screen, Honda isn't going to replace the screen unless there are 3 or more dead pixels. That is just my guess, but that would follow industry practice.

I know it is annoying, but you may be fighting an uphill battle if you try to get it replaced!

Greg

·
Registered
2 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by I_Love_Ody:

Do you see a red dot on your DVD screen? I see a bright red dot on mine, it is very annoying. I think it is a factory defect.

Also, have you trained your homelink button to learn your garage door codes? Mine just couldn't learn it.
</font>
Check to see if your garage door opener is of the 'rolling code' variety. If so, you will need two people to program the homelink - one in the van to push the homelink button and one to push a button on your opener (the motor unit itself, not the remote). I had a tough time getting mine programmed at first, but was finally able to get it to work. The owner's manual covered the steps pretty well, and you may also need to refer to your garage door opener's manual to see if is this type. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
It doesn't take two people to program HomeLink with a rolling code. Just place your car near the garage door opener with a stepladder nearby, and you'll be fine.

Read the owner's manual about how to program HomeLink with a rolling code. It's quite easy. The step where you have to push the button on the garage door motor and then push the button in the van talks about how you have 30 seconds between the two steps.

Realistically, it only takes a few seconds to push the button, step down, step into the van, and push the van's button. No big deal. They aren't pushed simultaneously or anything. So don't worry about getting involved with two people.

·
Registered
14 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CJE1110:
Check to see if your garage door opener is of the 'rolling code' variety. </font>
Thanks guys! Yes, the garage door opener is the rolling code type, after I tried many times and finally I called Homelink.

The technican said my brand of garage door opener - namingly Wayne Dalton Quantum doesn't work with homelink system! I could purchase a system from Homelink for $69 and connect it to the Quantum opener, then use a seperate receiver. Darn, this is what I am doing now, why should I buy another receiver, LOL.

So I learnt another lesson, the Homelink doesn't work with one of the most popular garage opener.

·
Registered
39 Posts
A stuck pixel is actually a defect on the screen and you should have the dealer replace the screen. Any labtop computer with a deal pixel is usually end up in the refurbished item section of a store.

Tony the Tiger

·
Registered
68 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Tony the Tiger:
A stuck pixel is actually a defect on the screen and you should have the dealer replace the screen. Any labtop computer with a deal pixel is usually end up in the refurbished item section of a store.

Tony the Tiger
</font>
Tony,

That's not entirely true. I work in the industry and usually 5 stuck pixels or less is considered OK unless they are all in one spot.

I would say two-three stuck pixels in random locations on the 7" screen, while annoying, won't be replaced.

Greg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts