Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it took 8 weeks, but I piacked up my new ODY last night. It suprised us by coming in a few days early. I had learned so much from this forum that I knew way more than my salesman (though he was quite good).
1st impressions:

What a great car, smooth quite.
Well built, all seams and hardware perfectly matching. (Built in Alabama).
Immediately heard to sloshing of the gas tank.
Yes, the stereo speakers are weak.
The acceleration is great. Hard to keep it below 70 (salesman said to break it in for 200 miles).
RES headunit is slick, but I need to watch the demo DVD included.
The power doors and remote are very sophisticated.
Shrek DVD looked great.

I ignored all add-ons from the dealer. They offered a non Honda Care warranty at a higher price. Forget it.

Now to Zaino this weekend.
Oh yeah MSRP-$700!
Will need to change signature

------------------
Awaiting 2002 GG EX-L with RES

·
Registered
596 Posts
Ditto
I hope all your experiences are good and your posts are positive. Now don't let it get dirty!
I had to wait 6 weeks in Oklahoma, about par for this area.

Fred

·
Registered
15 Posts
Why does everyone think the speakers are weak? Ours sound great with the Res system and I'm very picky when it comes to audio!!!

Kim

·
Registered
16 Posts
I agree with Kim. Maybe the RES has different speakers. I'm an audio nut and, although the stereo sound in the Ody isn't concert quality, it's not that bad, IMHO. It sounds fantastic with DVDs. The opening scene of Toy Story 2 is amazing! Sure, an aftermarket set of speakers, power amp and sub would improve it, but the system sounds a heck of a lot better than the factory system in my BMW (which is widely considered weak).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts