Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got it done by local dealer in toronto today. Took about two hrs. I have done alot of researches about this product before going there.

I am happy with this product so far. The fob lcd display is useful and it really has the great distance.

However, one thing really bothers me is that no lights will turn on after I remote started the car.

I know that I can check the status on my fob. But lights are more efficient.

I don't know why honda makes it in this style.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I had the remote starter installed by the dealer with two remote starters but only one of the remote start keys work. I provided only one fob to the dealer and he did not tell me to provide them both. I am guessing that they require both fobs to program both remote starters. I dont feel like going to the dealer as i have already been there twice this week for different reasons. Does anyone know how to program these starters ? My vehicle is a 2015 Odyssey ex-l with nav and the system installed is the "Remote Engine Start System II" from honda.

thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Look online for instructions to program remote start. Instructions for remote locks are there, they might be too.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Finally got it done by local dealer in toronto today. Took about two hrs. I have done alot of researches about this product before going there.
I am happy with this product so far. The fob lcd display is useful and it really has the great distance.
However, one thing really bothers me is that no lights will turn on after I remote started the car.
I know that I can check the status on my fob. But lights are more efficient.
I don't know why honda makes it in this style.
Is this the Honda remote start or the 3rd party one that some people prefer?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Honda Remote Start.

Well, after so many months, Honda Canada said that only the Touring model will have that feature.

They also admitted that the manual did confuse customer and they will correct the wordings.

So, I asked them if they will compensate to me because this feature was one of my reason I went after OEM, but not 3rd party.

The Honda staff said: "Unfortunately, we cannot do anything at the moment because your case isn't considered as defective or damage."

Basically, Honda just told me to Fxxk off. Really disappointed with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts