Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Passenger sliding door has tripped the "slide door" light for the past year or so. Had the switches ordered for a while and since the weekend was warm and breezy here in PA, I finally scratched this one off the list. Honestly wasn't too bad. Just lots of clips, removal of the window track bracket flexed out of the way and out the latch assembly came. Soldered in an extra few inches of wire and used heat-shrink on everything. Had to drill a new hole like some of the youtube video's mention. And fortunately I was able to confirm the old switch was 100% not working. No continuity while open or closed. With the weather wrap removed from the door it looks a bit complicated but just take pictures while you disassemble so you remember how everything is routed. 10-20 door cycles and 2 days later and still good to go.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Good going! I'm surprised your new switch is not blue, however.

I bought new micro-swiches (both NC and NO) from Digi-Key several mongth sgo in anticipations of having to do this repair someday. They are blue.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good going! I'm surprised your new switch is not blue, however.

I bought new micro-swiches (both NC and NO) from Digi-Key several mongth sgo in anticipations of having to do this repair someday. They are blue.
The OEM one was blue and had hole spacing a little wider, thus the need to drill a hole and use a small bolt/nut combo. Have a link to what you ordered?

·
Registered
496 Posts
The OEM one was blue and had hole spacing a little wider, thus the need to drill a hole and use a small bolt/nut combo. Have a link to what you ordered?
digi-key has pretty much the OEM version of the switches for around $7.50 or so each (drop in replacement pretty much)

Normally closed switch (will open when switch is pressed in, close when unpressed - used right were your picture shows - right besides the big pawl):

Normally open switch (closed when pressed, open when unpressed - used towards the actual latching part - the other blue switch):

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
digi-key has pretty much the OEM version of the switches for around $7.50 or so each (drop in replacement pretty much)

Normally closed switch (will open when switch is pressed in, close when unpressed - used right were your picture shows - right besides the big pawl):

Normally open switch (closed when pressed, open when unpressed - used towards the actual latching part - the other blue switch):
Thank you hpark.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Had I known there were exact replacements, I probably would have ordered those. O well, we'll see how long the ones I used last.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Interesting, so the whole unit didn't have to be replaced, just the two switches. Thanks OP.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Interesting, so the whole unit didn't have to be replaced, just the two switches. Thanks OP.
Dealer would tell you the whole thing need replaced because they don't carry the switches (lies, see the digikey links) but actually only the middle switch needed replaced. Not both.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts