Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally I get to join the ranks of those here who have been provided with a delivery date and VIN!!!

My SS 2002 EX shipped on 9/4 and the dealer told me that it should arrive by the end of the week!

·
Registered
273 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by cmmeyers:
Finally I get to join the ranks of those here who have been provided with a delivery date and VIN!!!

My SS 2002 EX shipped on 9/4 and the dealer told me that it should arrive by the end of the week!
</font>
Congrats !! I ordered an EX SS /L on 8-30. I am told delivery on mid Oct. I have already ordered a Poron rear sensing device I am going to install my self. Let me know how you like the '02. I have a 99 that has been really great.

------------------

·
Registered
234 Posts
Just informed that my SS EX L Nav shipped on 9/6 and should be here next week. Dealer is in South Orange County CA, and this is one of their first deliveries.

·
Registered
234 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by poodleluvr:
LHOdy-who's your dealer?

Michelle
</font>
The same as yours Weseloh Honda in San Juan Capistrano. I have been tracking the train, and is will arrive on 9/16. Silver seems to be one of the early colors.

P

·
0 Posts
I thought so.

Turns out our van is due TOMORROW for delievery this weekend!! My step dad was witholding information from me, the poop! I was the one who's done ALL the research on this thing and this is the thanks I get?!?!

Hope our van comes in soon!

Michelle

------------------

• 1995 Civic Teal DX Coupe
  • 2002 RP Odyssey EXL-RES (soon, it's been on order since March)
  • 1987 Blue Civic Sedan
  • 1990 Grey Chrysler LeBaron GTC Convertable
  • '86 Silver Toyota LE Van
  • 1967 Honda Dream Motorcycle

·
Registered
23 Posts
Seems like all Southern California dealers are getting their first shipment in Now. I also tracked the VIN to be delivered on the 20th but it did come in sooner and I will be getting it on Monday!

P

·
0 Posts
Shoot, we got a build date of next Tuesday and our van was NOT delievered as they said it would! We have to wait until October now because of the noodle brains at Weseloh. We are even the first on the list.

LHOdy, you getting along with Weseloh? They're really ticking me off.

Michelle

·
Registered
234 Posts
Shoot, we got a build date of next Tuesday and our van was NOT delievered as they said it would! We have to wait until October now because of the noodle brains at Weseloh. We are even the first on the list.

LHOdy, you getting along with Weseloh? They're really ticking me off.

Michelle
</font>
We realize that the ODY is in such demand, that the dealers really don't have any control over when they receive their allotment, so we are just trying to be patient. At least they are selling it to us at MSRP and they are close to home. It doesn't mean that we are not frustrated though. We have had our deposit in since June 18th. It will be worth waiting for.

If you got a next Tuesday build date, your van should ship a day or so after that, I tracked the rail and it took only 4 days for it to get to Los Angeles. Kind of fun to track it across country. It arrived in L.A. two days earlier than projected, however it has been here since Thursday evening the 13th, and still has not been delivered to the dealer yet.

They promised to have it prepped and to me the day the receive it. I hope that will be this Monday.

Good luck with yours, and hang in it is getting close.

·
Registered
234 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by LHOdy:
We realize that the ODY is in such demand, that the dealers really don't have any control over when they receive their allotment, so we are just trying to be patient. At least they are selling it to us at MSRP and they are close to home. It doesn't mean that we are not frustrated though. We have had our deposit in since June 18th. It will be worth waiting for.

If you got a next Tuesday build date, your van should ship a day or so after that, I tracked the rail and it took only 4 days for it to get to Los Angeles. Kind of fun to track it across country. It arrived in L.A. two days earlier than projected, however it has been here since Thursday evening the 13th, and still has not been delivered to the dealer yet.

They promised to have it prepped and to me the day the receive it. I hope that will be this Monday.

Good luck with yours, and hang in it is getting close.
</font>
Sorry It took 7 days to get to Los Angeles. It was shipped on 9/6, and arrived on 9/13.

P

·
0 Posts
REALLY????????

You just made my day. They told us something like 30 days to be shipped. Woohoo!

Now, did they give you the VIN or did you have to fight it out of them? I think it'd be fun to track it. My step dad thinks getting the VIN is silly, but I'm sure he'll appreciate my *knowledge* of the whereabouts of our van at dinner every night!

I'm trying to be patient with the dealer. I'd imagine that the problem is my step dad because I usually bug him for information and then the lazy butt has to call. (oh noooo). So then he's irked and the information gets warped. But Weseloh was really nice when they've called and I had to take a message.

I've gotta be more optimistic about this. It's just fustrating to have waited for nearly a year (we got on the '01 list last November) and have yet to see anything.

Michelle

------------------

• 1995 Civic Teal DX Coupe
  • 2002 RP Odyssey EXL-RES (soon, it's been on order since March)
  • 1987 Blue Civic Sedan
  • 1990 Grey Chrysler LeBaron GTC Convertable
  • '86 Silver Toyota LE Van
  • 1967 Honda Dream Motorcycle

·
Registered
234 Posts
REALLY????????

You just made my day. They told us something like 30 days to be shipped. Woohoo!

Now, did they give you the VIN or did you have to fight it out of them? I think it'd be fun to track it. My step dad thinks getting the VIN is silly, but I'm sure he'll appreciate my *knowledge* of the whereabouts of our van at dinner every night!

I'm trying to be patient with the dealer. I'd imagine that the problem is my step dad because I usually bug him for information and then the lazy butt has to call. (oh noooo). So then he's irked and the information gets warped. But Weseloh was really nice when they've called and I had to take a message.

I've gotta be more optimistic about this. It's just fustrating to have waited for nearly a year (we got on the '01 list last November) and have yet to see anything.

Michelle

</font>

My salesman knew that we were anxious to get any information that we could, because we were being the squeaky wheel by calling him on a regular basis, so he promised to call as soon as he had the information and did. He is also frustrated, because Honda does not give them very much information, and he has 6 on order.

I made an error on my initial calculation, it took 7 days to get from the factory to L.A.

P

·
0 Posts
Yeah, I saw that you had said it took a week. I figure that means it'll be the beginning of October.

Are you dealing with Wally?

Michelle

·
Registered
211 Posts
Sounds Like Wesloh Honda in SJC will sell an 02 at MSRP. Does anyone have a good contact name for Wesloh Honda?
Chris

P

·
0 Posts
Yes, I think they are selling at MSRP (well, with so many places to order from they need to keep their market open). We are dealing with Wally Ruzeki (not sure of last name spelling), he's the fleet manager. You can also send an email inquiry to him on the form at http://www.weselohhonda.com.

I don't know how long of a wait it is, but when we ordered our '01 last November, they told us April. Then we switched to 2002 in March, so we don't know anything. I'm estimating our wait to be about two months.

Michelle

·
Registered
234 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Chris Teague:
Sounds Like Wesloh Honda in SJC will sell an 02 at MSRP. Does anyone have a good contact name for Wesloh Honda?
Chris
</font>

My Salesman is Bob Mulcahy. No pressure, no add ons.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Help me here: We have a build "date" of 9/23-9/28. Does that mean it should ship within a day or two of it being built?

Greg

'00 TW EX Odyssey (for sale)
'02 GG EXL-RES on order

P

·
0 Posts
It should. Ours is supposed to be built next Tuesday, and LHOdy said that they usually ship the day after they're built. Then it's about a week in transit, and then I'd give them another week to lose the van, find it, and what not. Yours will probably come in the beginning of October.

Michelle

·
Registered
234 Posts
Although the train arrived in LA on the evening of Sept. 13th, the dealer will not get the car until tomorrow Sept. 18th. So it will be 5 days from its arrival in LA till the dealer has possession of the car. Oh well!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts