Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my 02' EX-L-Nav will finally be here by the weekend.
What is the latest, lowest and reputable online bank you guys recommended?
Thanks.

·
Registered
40 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lotus18:
Well, my 02' EX-L-Nav will finally be here by the weekend.
What is the latest, lowest and reputable online bank you guys recommended?
Thanks.
</font>
I recommend peoplefirst.com. They are great to work with and generally have the some of the lowest rates. I liked the way they simplify the process

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks ckasper. I have already been pre-approved by peoplefirst, but I have heard that some dealers will not honor their check, they want bank draft instead.
I just want to see if there are other alternatives out there.
By the way, your experience with peoplefirst must be very good, how are their services after you signed the contract? How do you pay monthly? Do they actually have a physical address to mail the payment?

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Are you focusing exclusively on online sources, or are you also investigating your local resources?

I found a better deal by far with a local credit union. Once I paid $30 into an account to join, I was eligible for their great deals.

Don't focus exclusively on online sources is my advice.

·
Registered
40 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lotus18:
Thanks ckasper. I have already been pre-approved by peoplefirst, but I have heard that some dealers will not honor their check, they want bank draft instead.
I just want to see if there are other alternatives out there.
By the way, your experience with peoplefirst must be very good, how are their services after you signed the contract? How do you pay monthly? Do they actually have a physical address to mail the payment?
</font>
Actually to get the best rate you have to sign up for automatic withdrawal from your checking account which I actually prefer so I don't forget to pay.

As far as some dealerships not honoring the check, my dealership did try to get me to use their financing by matching the rate but I was stubborn and wanted to use my check which they did honor. They did put me on a 10 day option contract that they said would take effect if they did not receive their funds in 10 days. I must admit that made me sweat it out a little but it all worked out fine. I honestly don't think a dealer is going to refuse a sale based on using peoplefirst's check. You MAY have to be somewhat persistant however.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts