Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking how nice the cargo hammock in the 2002s would be and it seemed like it wouldn't be too hard to do.

I made up some hooks and mounted them in such a way as to turn the net on it's side. It worked out pretty well and the hammock looks like I'll get a lot more use out of it than the old net.

The results are posted you know where, and maybe I've managed the first 2002 copycat mod.

------------------
Chuck
Click here for Ody pics, mods and fixes.

[This message has been edited by ckonarske (edited 08-06-2001).]

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
LOL! That is too slick!

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX w/stuff
'93 Nissan Sentra SE-R with more stuff

·
Registered
585 Posts
Stop it Chuck!

Just...STOP IT! You crazy guy.

STOP IT

You are going to make us feel all warm & fuzzy again about owning our pre-02s at this rate...and you gotta give me the part #s for those hooks & the place you bought them!

[This message has been edited by nyvram (edited 08-06-2001).]

·
Registered
585 Posts
Oh...never mind; I should read your captions more closely:

"Bend a suitable hook into each end. One will hook to the headrest, the other end will support the net."

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
48 Posts
I see you're living up to your ody mod god name again!

------------------
vangirl

'00 Red S2000
'00 Black Civic EX
Soon to be the proud owner of an '01 SS EX!!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Nice work. What are the lengths of the metal bars you used? How did you bend the metal bars? Thanks.

------------------
'01 TW EX-N; Xenon lights; Honda Dash kit, Jensen Flip Down TV; Sony Mobile VCP; Cargo Tray; Leather wrap wheel; Pioneer 1665's; Glove Box light

·
Registered
255 Posts
LOL!! Be sure and post pictures to your photo album of your Ody up on the ramps when you install the 5 speed, Chuck!

------------------
David
'01 GG EX-NAVI
Classic Soft Trim leather kit; Audiovox entertainment system; Gentex auto dimming compass/temp rear view mirror; Pioneer speakers front & rear; leather steering wheel wrap; splash guards; cargo tray; cargo liner; power door mods; Helm manual; Honda litter bag.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by johnkalajian:
Nice work. What are the lengths of the metal bars you used? How did you bend the metal bars? Thanks.

</font>
The stock was probably about 15", but start with them a little long. Just cut off the excess when you're finished because it's easier to judge where to bend the second hook after you've finished the first bend. In other words, it's hard to tell how much wire you'll use in the bends.

I rigged a wire bending jig by clamping two bolts in a vise and using them to bend around. It worked fairly well, wish I'd thought of it years ago.

------------------
Chuck

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by groupset:
LOL!! Be sure and post pictures to your photo album of your Ody up on the ramps when you install the 5 speed, Chuck!

</font>
Nah. I leave ones like that to Nestor.

------------------
Chuck

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ckonarske:
I may not have the fanciest mods, but you gotta admit, mine are the cheapest!

</font>
I don't think so, Chuck. In order to get your fog light mod to work I had to buy fog lights for about $300!

Seriously though, I like the idea and especially the hooks.

I've got a cargo area cover my wife made from tan canvas. Right now the front edge is suspended from some velcro-like straps on the center seat back handles. Hooks built upon your idea will probably be easier to work with, i.e., attach and detach, and allow the cover to be suspended a little higher.

Expanding upon your idea for stock, gas welding rod (essentially steel that is copper coated) might look nice. Another idea would be brazing rod, but it might be hard to find uncoated rod large enough to be strong enough.

Thanks for the ideas.

Mel

1 - 14 of 14 Posts