Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all. looking for opinions/cause of a CEL i just got(first one too). I don't have a scan tool and it says CHECK EMISSIONS. I was messing around in the engine bay a few days ago trying to put a clip for a trickle charger on the positive terminal which meant moving the air filter neck up a bit and i did notice the filter joint gasket seemed loose after. Could this throw a CEL if i it was improperly reinstalled? and will it go away once i readjust it?

·
Registered
2007 Odyssey EX-L
536 Posts
I think mine was under $20. Look on Amazon.

You can reset the code with the scan tool. See if the code comes back. Oftentimes they won't if it was a fluke.

·
Registered
12,838 Posts
Make sure the tube between the air filter and the engine is tight and has no holes. If it's loose, tighten it up. If that was the issue, the light will go off in a few days. Otherwise get a scanner.

·
Registered
2016 Touring Elite
969 Posts
If the gasket you are referring to is between the intake snorkel over the battery and the airbox, that shouldn't have any effect or cause a CEL. If it somewhere else (the tube between the airbox and throttle body / engine) then it will.

-Charlie

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If the gasket you are referring to is between the intake snorkel over the battery and the airbox, that shouldn't have any effect or cause a CEL. If it somewhere else (the tube between the airbox and throttle body / engine) then it will.

-Charlie
you're right it's pre airbox and my coworker said the same thing you did. I didn't touch anything after between the airbox and throttle body so the CEL is most likey unrelated.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Do auto parts stores in Canada offer free code check? I would do this first, while shopping for a scan tool. I use a simple bluetooth OBD reader + Torque app on my android phone. So far it has been sufficient for my needs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts