Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First door edge chip on driver sliding door. This paint sure is thin! Wonder if someone caught it with a zipper while the door was open.

What touch up paint/methods do you recommend? I thought about touching up and putting on door guard but realized it's only for front doors. Could be useful with as wide as the sliding doors open! 🤔

I know it's not big, but want to take care of it before it rusts. It rains all the time here in PNW. ☔

·
Registered
481 Posts

"Check your color code on the driver side door."

I recently went to a carwash and a piece of a quarter size came off my driver sliding door as well. I was in shock!...ran to grab my oem paint touch-up paint and you can barely see it standing up in front of the door. If you get closer you can see a bit the difference...but hey hopefully it holds well.

Attachments

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

"Check your color code on the driver side door."

I recently went to a carwash and a piece of a quarter size came off my driver sliding door as well. I was in shock!...ran to grab my oem paint touch-up paint and you can barely see it standing up in front of the door. If you get closer you can see a bit the difference...but hey hopefully it holds well.
Where did you get your touch up pen?

Edit: nevermind. I see the link at the top of your post. Thanks!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Is there spray paint available? I wouldn’t recommend touch up paint if area is big, will be prominent. Use masking tape around and spray paint the exposed area. Check auto zone or Advance Auto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is there spray paint available? I wouldn’t recommend touch up paint if area is big, will be prominent. Use masking tape around and spray paint the exposed area. Check auto zone or Advance Auto.

This scratch is literally under ⅛" long, but it's down to the metal. I'm thinking a dab of paint matched color paint would work and spray paint would be overkill, don't you think?

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Back in the day when touch up paint came in little pots, you'd use the torn end of a paper match to carefully fill that in. Yes, I'm that old.

I never got comfortable with the pen-type touch up paint containers. I'd look for some way to use a small brush to apply a few thin coats to fill in that chip. I agree that spray paint is probably overkill for something that small.

·
Registered
481 Posts
What I usually do is remove the top part of the pen and it has a brush on the other end....I use that to do touch ups in the Ody.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Thank you! Do you get the pen from the dealer?
I got it from ebay - OEM Pen from Honda. Will be posting some photos as soon as I get home.

·
Registered
32 Posts
This scratch is literally under ⅛" long, but it's down to the metal. I'm thinking a dab of paint matched color paint would work and spray paint would be overkill, don't you think?
Agree, please use a thin coat, the brush that soft kinda nail polish

·
Registered
253 Posts
I can sell you both of my fog lights :D

You can buy those pens off eBay, Amazon, or dealer
example - Genuine Honda White Orchid Pearl Touch Up Paint (08703-NH788PAH-A1) | eBay

You can also use 3M clean bra to protect those areas, those are easy to cut and replace

OR you can also invest into front protection

·
Registered
481 Posts
Sorry for the late post, here is the pen I use, or let me better say the brush I use. Match is pretty good.

Attachments

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

example - Genuine Honda White Orchid Pearl Touch Up Paint (08703-NH788PAH-A1) | eBay

You can also use 3M clean bra to protect those areas, those are easy to cut and replace

How much do you want for the fog lights? Are they in good condition? Maybe PM me the details.

As for 3M protection, our Routan has it dealer installed I beloeve, looked great to begin with. But after 5-6 years it starts to deteriorate, so if you look at the initial cost of installation and then cost of removal later it's almost cheap let to repaint the bumper later. 😂

·
Registered
481 Posts

I have these 3M film on my headlights and so far almost after 8 months still looks like brand new.

·
Registered
253 Posts
How much do you want for the fog lights? Are they in good condition? Maybe PM me the details.

As for 3M protection, our Routan has it dealer installed I beloeve, looked great to begin with. But after 5-6 years it starts to deteriorate, so if you look at the initial cost of installation and then cost of removal later it's almost cheap let to repaint the bumper later. 😂
It costs just $280 if you install it yourself, here is the tutorial, seems pretty easy, removing is easy too, I mean 5 years of protection well worth it

·
Registered
481 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts